Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'd bite your hand off for that, provided he's not going to be stuck with Lamie and Mugabi next to him. Furlong really came onto a game towards the end of the season and a huge part of that was Butcher and Casey constantly talking to him through games. Neither Lamie or Mugabi are that type of player and I'd be worried we'd be hanging him out to dry without an experienced head coaching him on the pitch.

He's certainly very talented but still young and needs leaders alongside him.

We've been trying to get him back from the moment he left I think.

Before I saw this again I was thinking we might see a lot of the boy Wilson, Is he a left back? I thought he was and if Furlong doesn't come through I reckon we will see him.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Before I saw this again I was thinking we might see a lot of the boy Wilson, Is he a left back? I thought he was and if Furlong doesn't come through I reckon we will see him.

Aye but he appears to have shite patter, shite dress sense and nae c**t wants to room with him.

10k per week if true is quite the upgrade on what he would have been on with us !

Good luck to Max and I hope he goes on to be a great success. Just wish someone had sorted out a contract a while back. I always thought he was highly rated so it still baffles me (and others) why this did not happen ! Still he may not have signed it anyway. Easy to see why with a potential 1000% increase in wages down the line. 

Sturm Graz look to be a good destination but not great for us.  Austria are a Tier II country so only 60,000 Euro for every year. A Tier I country such as Italy or the Premiership would have been worth 90,000. An extra 200k !!

Reading between the lines I assume we are only due 6 years compo if we take the reported £308,000 as the accurate figure. 420k Euro equates to £360k if it was as I thought 7 years he had been with us ?

Edited by welldaft

18 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

That's not Harry Milne

1 minute ago, Neil86 said:

Using Joe efford in the wee match info post we have just put out, but not having him in the returning players part seems odd. Also, whys Harry Paton in it, was he injured?

Paton missed Livi away and Dundee United at home just before the end of the season 

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We finished preseason today with a 1-0 win at Tannadice, Wilkinson with the goal.

Kevin Van Who ?

A bit more encouraged by that scoreline. Also good to see the new boy get off the mark even if it is a friendly 👏

Another 90 and another clean sheet. Only conceded 2 goals out of the 4 games I think, both against Falkirk.

What is pleasing for me is that Miller also seems heavily involved. Also taking direct free kicks and having a few pops at goal.