Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Johnny page bounced into the main stand at about the 75 minute mark so sit with his family, wee boy head to toe in the new kit so unless he has a thing against Blair Spittal I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

His kid was mascot for us at the weekend I’m sure. 

11 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Johnny page bounced into the main stand at about the 75 minute mark so sit with his family, wee boy head to toe in the new kit so unless he has a thing against Blair Spittal I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

You don't need to have an agenda or be a deep rooted nutjob just to have a daft split second reaction like he did. 

Was it was, silly, rid card, moves on.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Really hard to say from that footage whether the red card is deserved or not. Doesnt seem a lot in it, but you cant really see what has happened very well.

Reverse angle is a real Hulk Hogan leg drop tbf. One of those that he might've got away with it, but doesn't look great.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Hopefully Miller gets a long contract signed with us. The sharks will all be swimming around us to sign him up if we don't.

Baring a horrific injury Miller's next move is going to see him get paid, paid.  No new contract will stop those sharks.  Although we maybe make more money...

24 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Baring a horrific injury Miller's next move is going to see him get paid, paid.  No new contract will stop those sharks.  Although we maybe make more money...

More of to ensure its more that Development fees like Johnstone. I have no doubt he will be moving to bigger and better things but I would prefer us to get the most out of him both in a playing and monetary perspective.

He was really great to watch and reminds me so much of the really good Turnbull period.

Chat at the weekend was that the Theo Bair deal was apparently all but done.

Even leaving his ability to the side for a moment though, the fact he’s presumably not kicked a ball since he left Saints a few months ago means it’d be a tough ask to chuck him straight in on Saturday. You can’t really expect young Ferrie to be leading the line on his own at this stage either.

It was always going to be a bit of risk of going into the season with only two senior strikers on the books(three if you include Efford I suppose). Especially when all of them have had their troubles with injuries recently. 

Presumably still one more to come in as well, be that the Arsenal boy or somebody else. 

Edited by Casagolda

I am quite sure we have had some setbacks along the way, but in the week leading up to the opening league game we appear to be going from having the most lethal striker in the league (last season) to potentially having NO strikers available at all assuming Wilko joins Obika and Efford on the injury list.

It is bad luck no doubt although you could say that Efford and Obika being injured is hardly a surprise.  Hopefully Obika makes it.

Hope to god we can get one or two on board this week. Even if they are not ready to play. The longer it goes on the longer it will take for anyone coming in to get up to speed. 

7 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Chat at the weekend was that the Theo Bair deal was apparently all but done.

Prefer the look of the young lad from Arsenal.  Just got a hunch he would turn out to be a star. Not based on much more than some well edited highlights tbf. But as said previously he probably has a number of suitors which is never a good thing when we have very little money to offer. 

Still it would be quite something if Bair comes in and turns out to be very decent. Fanciful I know based on his time in Perth, but would only serve to depress St Johnstone fans even more if that was possible 🙂  

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

Stick Mugabi up front, he had a practice shot from 45 yards in the last game

Haha, that reminded me. When Mugabi had that shot Kettlewell was in a right wee huff because of it. Gaffer disnae like a laugh or a wee bit o' fun.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

I am quite sure we have had some setbacks along the way, but in the week leading up to the opening league game we appear to be going from having the most lethal striker in the league (last season) to potentially having NO strikers available at all assuming Wilko joins Obika and Efford on the injury list.

It is bad luck no doubt although you could say that Efford and Obika being injured is hardly a surprise.  Hopefully Obika makes it.

Hope to god we can get one or two on board this week. Even if they are not ready to play. The longer it goes on the longer it will take for anyone coming in to get up to speed. 

Add into the mix Paton pulling up with what looks like a groin strain!