Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, DeadStar said:

If we're doing this then Lewis Strapp is still without a club. The thread can make it happen.

Is Strapp not long term injured?

I think the boys said that on the six hours of Terrace Podcast I'm sure, but a lot was said, so I've already forgotten what was said at the start.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

I think the boys said that on the six hours of Terrace Podcast I'm sure, but a lot was said, so I've already forgotten what was said at the start.

He got injured against Celtic in January and didn't play again for the rest of the season, but he's recovered now.

He's the sort of Championship player who's obviously one of the best in his position in the division, but there are enough question marks over his game to doubt if he's definitely good enough for the step up. I wonder if he'd maybe be better going somewhere like St Johnstone or Dundee where he's definitely an upgrade on the shit they've already got rather than somewhere like Motherwell where he'd be coming in as backup and could easily disappear into obscurity, but maybe having less pressure in not having to start every week with time to find his feet would help, and this late in the window he really can't be choosy anyway.

As long as signing anyone else will push Motherwell towards giving us Lamie back I'll be delighted.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I thought Strapp was linked with St Mirren. I'd go to their thread and ask but they're all horrible to me over there.

Think he was on trial but nothing further announced yet.

25 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

They also said that Strapp doesn’t like Dougie Imrie so he’ll do for me.

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

As long as signing anyone else will push Motherwell towards giving us Lamie back I'll be delighted.

Are you related to Ricki Lamie?

5 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

I'm not surprised.  Anyone who is remotely comparable to Alan Burrows will be wanting twice the salary than what's on offer.

Anyone willing to take on the role for what's on offer is either wildly incompetent or won't apply for it as they know the shit they'll have to take along with it. 

We're going to need to take a punt on someone unproven, looking to make the next step up, just like Flow did.  What's the story with the guy who does the tannoy?  I like the cut of his jib.  Promote him to the top job, IMO. 

28 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That's a lot of words when the update could have simply been "f**k all has happened lads".

Tbf, as Nick McPheat says...

I mean, I'm absolutely fine with us not rushing into it and as @Desp says trying to actually replace Burrows is a difficult (impossible) needle to thread but this is the first time the club have confirmed that Weir is in place as interim CEO despite him having been involved for 4 (FOUR) months.

Prior to that we had a short paragraph tacked on to the end of a WS mail shot on 12th May that had a decent chance of having ended up in most people's junk folder:

Screenshot2023-05-13at09_44_42.thumb.png.61d7d3a45bf7dd021f22117d5839545f.png

If nothing else I appreciate the clarification (finally) of what's happening.

As I've said before this seems to be fine for the day to day operation of the club and although from the outside looking in there are maybe some aspects that are a bit ragged we've still been able to sign big Mika and negotiate a fee for KVV etc.

It's nice to hear that ST sales "have been excellent" and we're "confident of reaching our target" before the Hibs game as the last time we actually heard anything about that was 14th of June when we hit 3k+.

The main issue feels like it's Big Picture stuff that will be being held back but again, it's better this than rushing in and making a really fucking daft appointment.

Edited by capt_oats

A review of structures is vague enough to mean anything but since I'm 90 minutes from my Friday feierabend beer I'm being optimistic and saying good job they recognise something has to be done.

I'll leave whether it's the right something for another time mind.