Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Would never wish serious injury on any player but would be very interested tae see St Mirren fan’s reactions if that Dunne “challenge” put one of their main players out for months. It was wild, out of control and dangerous. Clumsy ? 🤦‍♂️

They’d be squealing like f**k! 😂 I mean, look at the reaction to an opposing teams players getting injured in a game they actually WON! 😂 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Got a notification saying I'd been quoted by @Molotov, What ye saying pal?

Only saying that McGinn was booked for his challenge and then I read further down that @djchapsticks had already replied with the same. So I deleted my comment.

Now I’m heading to St Mirren’s training ground with “Get Dunne out of our club NOW!” placards. 

On the Tokely thuggery scale - he’s right up there in the pure evil slots.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Welp. Looks like Mika Biereth will be out for a few months with a possible knee injury due to that tackle.

One big spark of hope for this season wiped out I guess.

Are you seeing this anywhere mate or just speculating like the rest of us? 

14 minutes ago, TartanSpecial said:

Only on the BBC gossip column for now

1 hour ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Are you seeing this anywhere mate or just speculating like the rest of us? 

Yeah, I saw it mentioned in the BBC gossip Column and on twitter (or whatever its called nowadays). Didn't realise it was being talked in the previous pages of the thread.

In fairness, it's worth pointing out that the Scott Burns piece (which is where I'm presuming the BBC Gossip column lifted it) is still at the speculative stage.

It's saying he *could* be out for months and we're waiting for him to go for a scan to see if it's as bad as first feared. The fact that he's not had the scan yet means we can't really say one way or another.

Given we had load management guidance from Arsenal for his first couple of weeks at the club you'd think they'd would want him to rehab with them?

Either way, after being non-committal about whether we'd be looking at a replacement for Obika I'd guess this kind of forces our hand a bit.

Edited by capt_oats

The guy looks like a unit even though he is still very young.  You would hope / prey he is only out for a few weeks tops.  The tackle was reckless despite the St Mirren fans constant preaching and protestations all over the web / twitter etc. 

I guess it also depends on whether Efford is 100% away.  Does this force a re think ? Ketts made it clear he was not impressed by Effords efforts..so sounds like he does not fancy him.  I still think a fully fit Efford is worth a run.  But since we only employ broken down players it maybe best to move on.  

If Biereth is out for months and Efford is away and Obika is well Obika then that would leave us with 2 forwards.  Is it too late to get Steven Fletcher. Not prolific but great experience and pedigree and one of the few players United fans gave pass marks to last season.  Probably turn up at Killie.

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The guy looks like a unit even though he is still very young.  You would hope / prey he is only out for a few weeks tops.  The tackle was reckless despite the St Mirren fans constant preaching and protestations all over the web / twitter etc. 

I guess it also depends on whether Efford is 100% away.  Does this force a re think ? Ketts made it clear he was not impressed by Effords efforts..so sounds like he does not fancy him.  I still think a fully fit Efford is worth a run.  But since we only employ broken down players it maybe best to move on.  

If Biereth is out for months and Efford is away and Obika is well Obika then that would leave us with 2 forwards.  Is it too late to get Steven Fletcher. Not prolific but great experience and pedigree and one of the few players United fans gave pass marks to last season.  Probably turn up at Killie.

At this point I'd give Morelos all the Pakora pies he wants

I would take Fletcher in a heartbeat. He can play with his back to goal and is very very good at linking play in the final third (at this level)

I think he would be an ideal foil for our current midfield- can see Miller Slattery and especially Spittal all getting goals from his lay offs.

This thread has the power.

If Fletcher had any interest in doing a final farewell of Ibrox, Parkhead etc, he'd already have done an easy deal with us, Killie, St Mirren etc.

I'd have been fine signing him on that (cheap) basis but if we're actively having to persuade him then it's 99% likely he's not interested enough to match our budget.