Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, MurrayWell said:

Phoned Livi's ticket office, seems to be an issue with their system registering folk as "home fans" despite using the link Motherwell have provided. Probably why folk who have previously purchased haven't had the same issue. 

Anyway, if you phone them up they'll sort it for you there and then so you can log back in with all options. Failing that they are selling tickets from 1.30pm tomorrow at the ground. (They did say they have a small office though so encourage folk to contact them to sort the online issue instead of buying on the day)

Thanks mate will give them a bell 👍

It's been a thing for a while - queue at a portakabin, buy a ticket and then queue up again at a turnstile - Hibs, Killie and others did that for a few years but the pandemic moved us into a fully shite "have 10 different accounts to log onto 10 different booking systems" era that we have now. 

Bottom line is that away supporters are a pain in the arse for clubs and no club cares about the "away supporter experience" in any way (despite most clubs pleading poverty all the time). I'm not against cashless at all - if I could tap my phone or card on a reader at a turnstile, I'd be delighted but as far as I know (and mystifyingly) no-one has tried that as far as I can see.

45 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's been a thing for a while - queue at a portakabin, buy a ticket and then queue up again at a turnstile - Hibs, Killie and others did that for a few years but the pandemic moved us into a fully shite "have 10 different accounts to log onto 10 different booking systems" era that we have now. 

Bottom line is that away supporters are a pain in the arse for clubs and no club cares about the "away supporter experience" in any way (despite most clubs pleading poverty all the time). I'm not against cashless at all - if I could tap my phone or card on a reader at a turnstile, I'd be delighted but as far as I know (and mystifyingly) no-one has tried that as far as I can see.

Aye, when it works it's class. I'd say 99% of the time I buy my ticket while walking through the Duchy to fir park. 

When it doesn't (Celtic at home, despite having done this all season long), a complete ball ache, which ultimately sees people not bother. 

Watching the well society board hustings, some decent pitches in there and a good mix of characters and backgrounds. I was skeptical but I'm glad that we have this level of interest.

Would like the American radio presenter to get on just so I can hear him talk about Stephen O'Donnell and theo bair and how shite willie collum is on the radio here.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Watching the well society board hustings, some decent pitches in there and a good mix of characters and backgrounds. I was skeptical but I'm glad that we have this level of interest.

Would like the American radio presenter to get on just so I can hear him talk about Stephen O'Donnell and theo bair and how shite willie collum is on the radio here.

Does he have a profile over there? Have you heard of him, or his station?

4 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

They still lost though, again.

In typical KVV fashion he wound up the home supporters after his first goal, goading them and kicking the hoardings, and got rained on with beer. This got the game temporarily suspended with players taken off as Dutch football has this as protocol due to the amount of stuff that was getting thrown onto pitches. Kevin later said that the home fans had been saying things about his (not yet born) daughter. 

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

Quite a collapse today. Wheels off our bus big time. First real test for Kettlewell now.

I really hope Biereth and Butcher are back for St Johnstone as we’re going to find ourselves in big trouble if no one ever scores and we can’t keep a clean sheet. 

Another frustrating and needless one but I think SK has to carry a fair share of the blame. 3-6-1 on a sunny day for football would have raised an eyebrow, on today's pitch in these conditions it was totally pointless.

Miller was unlucky - I dunno who gave Anderson the freedom of the park on the counter but he/they are the villain(s) of the piece.

Leaving Bair on at HT was mental. He makes Conor Shields look like Dougie Arnott holding the ball up. And Livingston are shite but volunteering to play defence v attack with no outlet at all was only ever going to end in one way.

So no need to panic, yet, but anything less than a win v County will see some muttering for sure.