Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

To be fair, he was probably onto his 2nd Peroni and 3rd can of Coke by this point

I mind seeing the coca cola fridge before. We can maybe figure out what managers are drinking / offering to other managers out the fridge and see if it corresponds to success. 

Anyone fancy going back and looking through the videos?

Edited by eliphas

11 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

A 9 minute video that could have been done just as effectively in 90 seconds, fast forwarded through most of his drivel. Delighted the boys signed the deal right enough, a real talent.

I've no doubt he's an astute coach, but if that's how he delivers instructions to the players it's no wonder they're not being carried out the way he wants, poor cvnts probably completely zone out before he gets to the punchline.

I’ve said this before. It’s also no surprise the players look unfit. A 3hr training session is probably 2 and half hours of him talking and 30 minutes fitness and ball work. 

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

Not I think Kelly has much claim to play for Scotland, but he can probably feel hard done by to lose out twice to Clark, who isn't any better really.

As the only currently fit options, I'd say that having to choose between Kelly and Clark the real losers here are Scotland.

8 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

As the only currently fit options, I'd say that having to choose between Kelly and Clark the real losers here are Scotland.

Tbf Steve Clarke made it perfectly clear he was aware of the situation but if Gunn and Gordon are injured you eventually have to pick someone... you're certainly relieved we were qualified before it came to it mind 

52 minutes ago, Al B said:

"Former Cayman Islands international Ged 'only on Sky' Brannan" to give him his full official name if you don't mind.

I know it didn't end well - not much from that time did - but I really liked Brannan. His goal against Hearts in the cup is one of my all-time favourites.

7 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I know it didn't end well - not much from that time did - but I really liked Brannan. His goal against Hearts in the cup is one of my all-time favourites.

Yeah same, I thought he was great.

The only time in my life I've ever had a Motherwell player's name & number on the back of my shirt (and I'll be honest lads, I don't see that stat changing) was "Brannan 5" on the 1998-2000 away shirt.

He was a player.

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

The only time in my life I've ever had a Motherwell player's name & number on the back of my shirt (and I'll be honest lads, I don't see that stat changing) was "Brannan 5" on the 1998-2000 away shirt.

He was a player.

I managed to acquire his actual away strip! Along with McCulloch and Adams. Recently sold them all on eBay along with a load of others to fund a family holiday. Who knew there was a market for such things?!