Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Excellent result yesterday, I was on a train watching the 90+ minute count increase on the bbc page, time moves slowly.

I hope the positive adrenalin from this game doesn’t affect the intensity we need to show against Dundee. A point against Celtic isn’t as effective as points from the teams around us.

Having not seen the game I don’t know if we need to decide between Bevis at the back or Butcher in the middle or if we will go with both again.  You would hope for some more attacking ambition next week.

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

As much as I enjoy seeing Rangers on the losing side I would prefer Aberdeen to curtail their ambitions while they are the team below us in the league.

I initially thought the before kick off before changing my mind to "f**k it, pump em Aberdeen"

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I thought Bevis was unlucky. I thought he made a genuine attempt to play the ball and did come away with it. But he takes the boys standing leg as well so cant argue with the pen. Unlike Butcher, I dont think he could avoidthe challenge, although you could argue he shouldnt have gone to ground.

Totally agree with the rest of your post though.

Very pleasing performance and result all the more so for.it veing unexpected!

Think you're right about Bevis, at the time it looked like a bit of a wild lunge but seeing it back on the highlights he's unlucky. FWIW I thought he overall had a really good game. 

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

I'd say 3 wins from the next 4 games.

Five points from the next four gets us back to a PPG of 1 - but given the run to come we're really needing at least seven to avoid being under huge pressure into the Xmas period.

And the Livingston game is already circled as being not for the faint of heart.