Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Probably. 

MacLean was great in that Stirling game. Be a shame if he never gets back in this team, as he's done little wrong when he's been in it.

I actually stumbled across an Instagram post from the gym in Bellshill that Craig Moore's doing PT work at and there's a fairly recent (April) before and after photo of Maclean. It's fair to say that he's been putting the work in but the 'before' photo gives you an idea of why he may not have been getting in the side given Robinson's penchant for 'physicality' (there may have been other reasons, the manager simply may not fancy him IDK).

The photo's up on their page here: https://www.instagram.com/maximumpowerscotland/

Edit to add: the video of Craig Moore getting his muay thai on only confirms suspicions that he'd have utterly demolished Moshni.

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

A whole other team came on at halftime IIRC. 

Were there not some minor meltdowns after we got rid of Dom? :)

I'm still counting the days until we get our sell-on fee. 

40% of the square root of f**k all should come in handy. 

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I actually stumbled across an Instagram post from the gym in Bellshill that Craig Moore's doing PT work at and there's a fairly recent (April) before and after photo of Maclean. It's fair to say that he's been putting the work in but the 'before' photo gives you an idea of why he may not have been getting in the side given Robinson's penchant for 'physicality' (there may have been other reasons, the manager simply may not fancy him IDK).

The photo's up on their page here: https://www.instagram.com/maximumpowerscotland/

Edit to add: the video of Craig Moore getting his muay thai on only confirms suspicions that he'd have utterly demolished Moshni.

Additionally, MacLean punching like f**k on the saved story. ML1!

'Flow on Ciftci...via STV (also hoping to announce more signings either this week or next apparently)

With Motherwell eyeing strikers, and Nadir Ciftci being released by Celtic after being on loan at Fir Park last season, it's inevitable that a reunion will be considered by some, and Burrows said that he would be happy to discuss a move but would expect a lot of competition for the forward's signature.

"I wouldn't want to get drawn into individual targets but obviously Nadir did really well for us last year," he said. "He was really popular throughout the club and in the dressing room.

"But I'm sure that when someone of Nadir Ciftci's quality becomes available on a free transfer, that'll interest a lot of clubs.

"I'm sure there'll be plenty of suitors for him but we got on well with Nadir and he enjoyed it at Fir Park and, without wanting to be drawn on individuals, if he wants to come to us then we'll certainly have a chat with him."

Edited by capt_oats

You lot have apparently signed Aaron McGowan of Morecambe. A young right back who Morecambe fans are raging about losing.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You lot have apparently signed Aaron McGowan of Morecambe. A young right back who Morecambe fans are raging about losing.

I'd definitely wait for further confirmation on that one tbh. He and the club announced he was leaving earlier today. Given Burrows was talking to the press earlier and saying he hoped to have another body in this week then the timelines could match. However the statement simply said he was joining a Scottish Premier League (sic) side so the reality is it could be anyone up here he's moving to.

Having said that he plays left back, right back and wing back which is something we're in the market for and it seems he's moving up here on a free as a result of a loophole that means there's no compensation due which is something we've exploited in the past.

He's 21, was fans and press writers player of the year, has over 100 games under his belt, along with the obligatory "a host of Championship clubs have shown interest" line and he's described as "a strong, robust attack minded player who loves a challenge"...he definitely fits the bill for the sort of profile we'd target.

Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit to add: he looks worryingly like Jacob Blyth.

?preset=square&greyscale=false

Edited by capt_oats

Would make a lot of sense. Robinson could view Tait as the option he wants to keep at LWB and then a move to the middle of midfield for Cadden. 

Also seems like someone you could view as a sellable asset. 

It's a case of wait and see of course, but I'm hopeful it is us that's in for him. 

We all know there’s a park somewhere in South Lanarkshire with a rather sorry looking space where a wooden bench once proudly sat......
Last time I was down Bothwell Road Park with the kids the picnic table and benches had mysteriously disappeared and was reported in the newspaper as being 'torched by youths'......

Motherwell have apparently bid 50k for Simon Murray, which for some reason Hibs have rejected.

Edit: printed by the daily record so 99% chance it’s a load of bollocks.

Edited by Zing.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Motherwell have apparently bid 50k for Simon Murray, which for some reason Hibs have rejected.

Not to be all itk, but I heard the same thing from someone with little reason to make it up.

Murray...idk. I think he'd actually do fine for us. Playing off bowman or main he'd probably do fine, and adds a pacier dimension to our attack. 100k for him would be a bit rich though, IMO.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

"Some reason" = the only strikers Hibs have under contract for next season are Murray and Shaw.

They won't sell / loan Murray until they sign another striker (hopefully Kamberi).

I'm not surprised by the Murray thing tbh.

Robinson's been clear that he's looking to add pace up front and wants someone in who can stretch defences. I think it's fair to say that we'll be after 2 strikers in this window and at least one of them will fit that description. Equally Murray's in the age bracket we seem to target and seems like he's on the fringes of the Hibs side so is potentially expendable.

Paying £50k for someone with zero discernible footballing ability and whose only redeeming quality is that he runs about a lot and shows a bit of effort? Not for me. In fact, get that idea straight to f**k please.

Edited by capt_oats