Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, I'm surprised reading so many on here and Twitter talking as if Nouble is shite.

I was just never impressed whenever I seen him play if I'm being honest and not just against us I might add. Seemed quite over rated and his CV for a 28 year doesn't really make great reading. I think he literally is just shite and uninterested.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, I'm surprised reading so many on here and Twitter talking as if Nouble is shite.

He spent last Summer getting told he needed to leave, got left out as Martindale tried to force him out the door, then got played at wing back on the wrong side for most of the season. Then spent January being told he needs to leave again.

No wonder he looked shite and uninterested.

Aye. I mean, I'd put myself down as a Nouble sceptic but for all the Livi thread is an absolute bin fire at the moment with all the legal stuff and sock puppet accounts just reading the number of players Martindale seems to have either alienated, frozen out or just simply fucked off is quite something.

Edited by capt_oats

I'd 100% take Nouble, fwiw. 

Him and Ebiye would be an interesting pairing. From our limited sight of big Moses, he looks like a decent finisher, and Nouble back at full flight is a real handful.

As a pairing... that could work?

They're not exactly like for like but if Kettlewell could do a Bair 2.0 job on Nouble and even get 10 goals out of him I think he'd be a very useful option for us.

Yengi's under contract still but I'd be surprised if they aren't open to offers given their situation.

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

They're not exactly like for like but if Kettlewell could do a Bair 2.0 job on Nouble and even get 10 goals out of him I think he'd be a very useful option for us.

Yengi's under contract still but I'd be surprised if they aren't open to offers given their situation.

Yengi would appeal to me much more - younger and would have a clear role in our set-up. I don't think there's a prayer he'll be with Livingston in the Championship, though whether we'd consider paying for him a different matter.

I don't disagree Martindale fucked up badly with Nouble but ultimately he's 28 and has looked decent at a decent level for about four months of his entire career.

And remember when his scoring rate was questioned, Livi fans insisted he's a winger not a striker which begs the question why SK would be interested...

Unless he's next to free, he just seems a huge punt for a guy who has missed his window to be sold.

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Yengi would appeal to me much more - younger and would have a clear role in our set-up. I don't think there's a prayer he'll be with Livingston in the Championship, though whether we'd consider paying for him a different matter.

I don't disagree Martindale fucked up badly with Nouble but ultimately he's 28 and has looked decent at a decent level for about four months of his entire career.

And remember when his scoring rate was questioned, Livi fans insisted he's a winger not a striker which begs the question why SK would be interested...

Unless he's next to free, he just seems a huge punt for a guy who has missed his window to be sold.

Nouble's a free agent aye.

45 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'd 100% take Nouble, fwiw. 

Him and Ebiye would be an interesting pairing. From our limited sight of big Moses, he looks like a decent finisher, and Nouble back at full flight is a real handful.

As a pairing... that could work?

Maybe.

Would it be a bit of a laugh? Definitely.

I'm in.

24 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

My brain will never, ever accept a winger being over 5’9. I just can’t handle it.

END OF 2023/24 SQUAD UPDATE 

Wednesday 31 May 2024
End of 2022/23 squad update

With the 2023/24 season at an end, we can provide the following update on players’ contracts.

UNDER CONTRACT FOR 2024/25 SEASON
  • Dan Casey
  • Shane Blaney
  • Davor Zdravovski
  • Lennon Miller
  • Andy Halliday
  • Harry Paton
  • Theo Bair
  • Moses Ebiye
  • Luca Ross
  • Dylan Wells
PLAYERS RETURNING TO CLUB FOLLOWING LOAN AND UNDER CONTRACT FOR NEXT SEASON
  • Ross Tierney
PLAYERS RETURNING TO PARENT CLUB FOLLOWING LOAN EXPIRY
  • George Gent
  • Adam Devine
  • Adam Montgomery 
  • Oli Shaw
  • Jack Vale
PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT- NEGOTIATIONS WITH A NUMBER OF PLAYERS ARE STILL TAKING PLACE
  • Liam Kelly
  • Aston Oxborough
  • Stephen O’Donnell
  • Paul McGinn
  • Callum Slattery
  • Sam Nicholson
  • Mark Ferrie
RELEASED or signed PCA with another club
  • Rickie Lamie
  • Bevis Mugabe
  • Callan Elliot
  • Calum Butcher
  • Barry Maguire
  • Blair Spittal
  • Jon Obika

“I want to personally thank each individual player for their efforts since I arrived at the club,” manager Stuart Kettlewell said.

“Everyone has made an impact at this club in their tenure and helped steer the club to not only another season in the Premiership, but to a strong finish that will only benefit this club at the start of next season.

“We are still speaking with a number of players at this very early stage of the summer and hope to get clarity on each situation very soon.

“For the players departing the club, I wish them all the very best in the future.”

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Not posting the link because f**k The Sun but Kelly back to the **** is it? LOL

That will be enough to get him to the Euro’s!

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

It's alarmingly realistic both in the decisions and misspelling a player's name!

Absolutely. But I’ll be a wee bit sad if/when Georgie Gent returns south. 

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not posting the link because f**k The Sun but Kelly back to the **** is it? LOL

Agent earning his money by linking him to Celtic last week.