Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Whilst I don't disagree, the last player I can remember with a narrative like that around them was a certain French right-back. No offence to his namesake on here @YassinMoutaouakil

And he was absolutely amazing entertainment so what's the problem here?

5 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Whilst I don't disagree, the last player I can remember with a narrative like that around them was a certain French right-back. No offence to his namesake on here @YassinMoutaouakil

Oh, aye I'm not saying that will make him great for us. 

But as always, we wait to see how someone plays for us instead of judging them before they've kicked a ball for us. Overall I'm feeling pretty positive about the transfer window so far. 

28 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

But as always, we wait to see how someone plays for us instead of judging them before they've kicked a ball for us.

We see what you did there.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

He can score (although there's a lot of questionable goalkeeping), he can pull wide, drop deep, run in behind and he also looks like he can link play and create.

That's a funny way of saying anywhere across the front 3.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Can't speak for anyone else but for me it's based on the fact that people who know that league think he's good and more specifically a good fit for Motherwell.

As @StAndrew7 there are plenty of highlights of him available and he looks interesting in so much as he seems to have a bit of everything. He can score (although there's a lot of questionable goalkeeping), he can pull wide, drop deep, run in behind and he also looks like he can link play and create.

I know these are obviously curated highlights etc. but he does remind me a bit of Mika in his general play; drives into the box, beats players and gets to the byline for cut backs. Definitely seems promising.

11 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I know these are obviously curated highlights etc. but he does remind me a bit of Mika in his general play; drives into the box, beats players and gets to the byline for cut backs. Definitely seems promising.

I got a giggle from this "Scouting Analysis". "Similar type of player: Robin van Persie" :)

I am sold.

I mean, joking aside, there's a lot to like in there. Especially when you see the development/improvement in both KVV and Bair under Kettlewell.

I'm hesitant to bracket Biereth in that group because he was clearly already really, really fucking good - the credit Ketts can take there is getting him in the door and giving him a platform rather than anything developmental (IMO).

Edited by capt_oats

Definitely looks like a potentially decent signing . To recreate his highlights reel we now need to make sure that David Marshall plays in goals for every team that we play.  

Still smelling shite, although it is slightly more palatable.

I assume he still gets chairmanship with casting vote etc. if that's not part of the update.

Edited by StAndrew7

Just now, StAndrew7 said:

Still smelling shite, although it is slightly more palatable.

I assume he still gets chairmanship with casting vote etc. if that's not part of the update?

Safe to assume if it’s not mentioned it stays the same.

Is this the best and final?

Long and short is he was told months ago by many of lines in the sand and these changes is because he got spooked.

Still awful.

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

Long and short is he was told months ago by many of lines in the sand and these changes is because he got spooked.

Still awful.

Take the deal and you could split the OF in year 3. I’d definitely be voting for it.

I've been quiet on this as everyone else here basically airs my thoughts for me, but my question for EB at this point is what is he getting out of this? Yes, it is good that he's clearly listened to opinions of fans and amended the proposal, but why? I don't see why anyone would be so desperate to invest a Scottish team, never mind us. 

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

Still awful.

Aye, that was my thinking.

I can't see it swaying the majority of people on here (or the WS Board, for that matter) but it certainly might sway a few who were on the undecided/let's see what happens side of things.