Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

All this investment chat is taking away from Moses' goal last night. 

Funny I had a guy last week posting a video of Stuparevic scoring one just like that saying "This is what you're getting Motherwell fans" Big Moses says "Haud ma beer"

Oh I forgot. Someone asked the other day if anyone was part of the fans forum regarding the new kit. I was. And can I just say none of the recommendations made that night were put into this kit apart from maybe hoops on the socks.

Just to cover our arses I have it in writing what was sent to the club, basically that last years kit was as good as it gets in terms of a traditional design. I take it they felt it was ok just to roll with whatever took their fancy but it definitely wisnae me Guv. 

7 minutes ago, fatcalf said:

And can I just say none of the recommendations made that night were put into this kit apart from maybe hoops on the socks... they felt it was ok just to roll with whatever took their fancy.

The current Board / Well Society / fan engagement model in a nutshell 😠

If by some miracle we win a cup wearing it, it will no doubt suddenly become very popular. I can't see it breaking any merchandise sales records otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

The current Board / Well Society / fan engagement model in a nutshell 😠

If by some miracle we win a cup wearing it, it will no doubt suddenly become very popular. I can't see it breaking any merchandise sales records otherwise.

Nah opportunity wasted, nice enough leisure top. I recall being asked about moving away from the Hoop talking to Pat Nevin way back. He said it made sense commercially to change it now and again. Can see that point, don't agree though, there are other aspects that can be changed sufficiently to make it different but still accept that viewpoint from their side. 

Anyway I made a suggestion that we revert back to the Yoke for a season if they had to do that, kind of a tribute to our first C&A jersey. I'm wondering if they are trying to claim this influenced it. Poor attempt if that was the thinking.

1913 yoke front.jpg

I do understand that now we live in a world where there's a neccesity for a new strip every single season, that it can be difficult to maintain a claret band (or hoop) whilst changing the strip sufficiently to justify selling it. Celtic manage to do it with green and white hoops, as do Killie with blue and white stripes.

I was actually thinking that we hadn't had claret sleeves and a band since 2013/14 and that would be what we were destined for this season.

image.png.1825be4f807616c87fb820a4d7907f95.png

The thing that I like about our colours and design is that it oftern feels like our kits have quite a bespoke design to them. This season it seems like Macron gave us a catalogue and told us to choose one and it was the closest fit.

3 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I do understand that now we live in a world where there's a neccesity for a new strip every single season, that it can be difficult to maintain a claret band (or hoop) whilst changing the strip sufficiently to justify selling it. Celtic manage to do it with green and white hoops, as do Killie with blue and white stripes.

I was actually thinking that we hadn't had claret sleeves and a band since 2013/14 and that would be what we were destined for this season.

image.png.1825be4f807616c87fb820a4d7907f95.png

The thing that I like about our colours and design is that it oftern feels like our kits have quite a bespoke design to them. This season it seems like Macron gave us a catalogue and told us to choose one and it was the closest fit.

Aye I think this seasons looks like a catalogue entry. Nice wee jolly for Bob Park and Suzanne when they could just have looked at the catalogue though. 

While our colours aren't overly unique the band pretty much is, why we've ditched it for the 2nd time in 3 seasons is just meh.

As Matt said, if it was a warmup or leisure top fair enough. If we do end up in a cup final with it I hope it's against Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee United and we're out the hat second. Appreciate I'm saying that before having any idea of what the away top looks like.

What's Bob Park going out to Macron HQ for, do a Health and Safety assessment of the material used?

28 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

While our colours aren't overly unique the band pretty much is, why we've ditched it for the 2nd time in 3 seasons is just meh.

As Matt said, if it was a warmup or leisure top fair enough. If we do end up in a cup final with it I hope it's against Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee United and we're out the hat second. Appreciate I'm saying that before having any idea of what the away top looks like.

What's Bob Park going out to Macron HQ for, do a Health and Safety assessment of the material used?

Them two were effectively running the club before Brian Caldwell came in so he probably pencilled himself in for it. Nice wee jolly along with Alan Provan but no real need. Quite sure Provan would have been able to deal with it himself.

Oh and when I say before Brian came in I mean since Flow left near as dammit. Weiry basically delegated a lot of the responsibility and they took up the slack. Might explain a bit more again.

Edited by fatcalf

Maybe a simplistic way of looking at it, but I've always believed the home kit should be more of a traditional look. Sure, change the sleeves a little, add a trim, alter the collar. Socks are open to change as well. But the band should always remain.

The away kit is where we can get creative.