Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

I do believe that @crazylegsjoe and the #numberpolis should be quite happy with our 1-11 numbering now, aside from the outrageous handing of 11 to Halliday.

I may be being pedantic here, but as well as players being appropriately numbered for their position, I also like 1-11 to be as full strength as possible. Something tells me Sparrow being number 7 might cause jeapourdy with this.

7 hours ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

So NOW the bold Erik is looking to share a plan of sorts.

The only way I see him having anything to do with the club now is as a minority investor with a single seat on the board and working alongside the WS

7 hours ago, David1979 said:

He'll no doubt grab inspiration from the Society plan, dress up certain sections as his own, and say that the Well Society can accomplish all of that, especially with his financial backing, "Hollywood" connections, and of course, with him as Chairman.

About 90% certain the Well Society plan will already have been uploaded into an AI modeller and asked to create his own one along similar lines tbh.

Prompt: Reword this with mentions of "Erik Barmack" helping at key stages thanks to input of money and influence

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

About 90% certain the Well Society plan will already have been uploaded into an AI modeller and asked to create his own one along similar lines tbh.

Prompt: Reword this with mentions of "Erik Barmack" helping at key stages thanks to input of money and influence

Why has it taken the WS to come up with a feasible plan for growth for EB to say ok I’ll give you a plan then? He should’ve done this from the beginning. 

6 minutes ago, scmwell said:

Why has it taken the WS to come up with a feasible plan for growth for EB to say ok I’ll give you a plan then? He should’ve done this from the beginning. 

Cos he is a cowboy.

42 minutes ago, scmwell said:

I'm loathe to defend EB but this is entirely sensible from his pov - he probably gains nothing from going first, there's the chance he might gain from seeing the WS plan, or the reaction to it, if he goes second. Whether he publishes last week, yesterday or Friday doesn't really matter, he needs to get shareholders his pitch, in whatever detail he decides, by the vote. 

As a minor curiosity, it'll be interesting to see just how it is distributed after the shots fired by the club board yesterday...EB and the EB do not have access to member details (or shouldn't, at least), so while it can obviously be posted freely online, in theory the Society board retains control over just how much detail of the bid they decide to share directly to the inboxes and doormats of members. 

Of course the club can just fire it out on their own lists but we know they are historically a jumble... I suspect the WS will rise above it and play fair...but you can only imagine attitudes are hardening.

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

This Erik is a weapon. 
I've had it with him. Bin the c**t.

That is one way of putting it 😉

Another way is to say I have a proposal to invest in Wild Sheep Productions which is hypothetically worth £2m.  

1. I invest £150k PA for 6 years. Erik invests £100k PA for 6 years.

2. In return I get a seat on the Board and casting vote from day 1. Plus I can add another 2 Board members of my choosing.

3. If Erik is not happy with this arrangement. Then after 2 years he can buy me out for £300k. Not a penny less. I walk away with no financial loss.

4. If Erik cannot invest the £600k in the contract I am not going to tell him what the ramifications and penalties may be. He just has to guess.

5. Better yet.  His shareholding goes from 71% to 50%. And I get 49% which is almost half of Wild Sheep productions.

There is literally NO chance at all that Erik would accept those terms. Unless I was Quentin Tarantino and even then....

So I will look at his plans, but it is the deal on the table that is not acceptable to most dissenting voices.  And more importantly it should have been to the Exec Board also 🤬

Edited by welldaft

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

That is one way of putting it 😉

Another way is to say I have a proposal to invest in Wild Sheep Productions which is hypothetically worth £2m.  

1. I invest £150k PA for 6 years. Erik invests £100k PA for 6 years.

2. In return I get a seat on the Board and casting vote from day 1. Plus I can add another 2 Board members of my choosing.

3. If Erik is not happy with this arrangement. Then after 2 years he can buy me out for £300k. Not a penny less. I walk away with no financial loss.

4. If Erik cannot invest the £600k in the contract I am not going to tell him what the ramifications and penalties may be. He just has to guess.

5. Better yet.  His shareholding goes from 71% to 50%. And I get 49% which is almost half of Wild Sheep productions.

Like all on here there is NO chance at all that Erik would accept those terms. Unless I was Quentin Taratino and even then....

So I will look at his plans, but it is the deal on the table that is not acceptable to most dissenting voices.  And more importantly it should have been to the Exec Board also 🤬

again, you've hit the nail in the head.

It doesn't really matter what EB's plans are, although it will be nice to see them, the terms of the deal are the real issue here, steps 1-5 above.

My issue with all of this is the club board. By the sounds of it McMahon wanting to step down but having done nothing about it went rouge and got the video out. Weir had to reign it in saying 'we are not in financial trouble' but that message was already out there. McMahon has picked the best of a bad bunch as he see's EB as his successor, allowing him to walk away with a clear conscience. I really don't think he was expecting the push back from the Society. Guessing he thought Dickie and Feely had that covered.

I would love to know why they and downie(?) voted for this in direct opposition to their Society roles. Guess we will never find out.

11 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Kind of implies he would consider a lesser investment if the current one is knocked back?

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 10.06.21.png

His first reply I saw (since deleted, I think) was this GIF:

exactly GIF

Edited by StAndrew7

4 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Kind of implies he would consider a lesser investment if the current one is knocked back?

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 10.06.21.png

It suits both sides to tease the possibility of compromise because it makes them look reasonable to those wavering by not slamming a door closed.

If EB says it's this or nothing, he basically confirms himself as an opportunist who wants an amazing deal and - funnily enough - doesn't care about the club beyond that.

The WS are wary of being labelled anti-investment on any terms and being seen to cling on for the sake of it. They also don't want to look totally militant should any other potential investors be watching.

So for now it's a mutually beneficial conspiracy really...but in reality, EB clearly has no interest in a non-controlling deal, just as the Society is effectively killed off should he win.

15 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

His first reply I saw (since deleted, I think) was this GIF:

exactly GIF

So, a potential "serious" investor in a multi-million pound business, who is effectively looking to take control of it and own essentially half of it, is replying to genuine and serious financial questions about his plans, with Sesame Street gif's?

I was going to say, can you imagine this guy sitting in a room with real, serious high-level business people, but it's a redundant question as even if he managed to get in he'd be asked to leave within about 5 minutes.

Edited by Al B