Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I need to stay away from the FB pages. 

Most of what I've read (even with "All comments" on) on the Club's and Society's posts the last few days have been fairly unified in the criticism; I went to bat to try and provide some information/my take and then turned out they didn't even have a vote.

Even a few who were ardently in favour of the investment on a few posts I've seen have since asked for the questions re: incorrect finances and other stuff to be clarified.

Or d'you mean Motherwell fan groups etc?

Edited by StAndrew7

Posted (edited)

Under normal circumstances Jim McMahon would be getting a very good exit, in his time as chairman we've been broadly successful, two cup finals, European finishes etc... and whilst there has been plenty of bad moments in that time it'll be a time we'll look back on it as a decent period on the park. In fact I'm sure I remember many on here (including myself) wishing him well when he announced his retirement.

Instead he has trashed any sort of goodwill he had with the vast majority of supporters by attempting to force through this deal, releasing condescending statements against the supporters and looking down his nose at The Well Society and it's board all in a desperate play for a legacy.

There's been a very telling contrast between the manner in which The Well Society board and The Executive Board have handled this matter. 

Edited by camer0n_mcd

2 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Or d'you mean Motherwell fan groups etc?

A bit of them all really. but even the odd one can rile me.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Yeah, but you'd think they'd be obliged to answer their majority shareholder / actual fucking owner.

Cheers.

I played my hand as I saw fit. When I elicit such an emotive response there's nothing to be gained from others getting tarred too.

I appreciate the offer however.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Given we renamed our stands after four of the more illustrious names of our past, in recognition of their individual achievements and influence...perhaps a more fitting legacy would be for us to rename within each stand, "The Jim McMahon Bogs", "The Douglas Dickie Urinals" or the " The Tom Feely Crappers"...?

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using a Feely crapper...

Edited by fat_tony

4 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using a Feely crapper...

It would be like of one of those Japanese toilets that blows warm air up your hoop, but then as soon as your back is turned it's lubricating your wife instead.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dosser1886 said:

Going for a Feely sounds well dodgy....

Another potential revenue stream?

"Come to Maxine's Sauna Fir Park Stadium. Even if we lose you're guaranteed a happy ending".

Edited by fat_tony

11 minutes ago, Swello said:

See if we've all voted - does that mean that we can talk about....fitba for the next couple of weeks??

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611qljf252fyxr8xp68zw

Good call. Have we signed anyone?

Posted (edited)

Existential threat to the club aside, the last few weeks have been more entertaining than 2 seasons of Alexanderball. 

Edited by CoF

www.hyperwankers.com ; July 2074:

World history 50 years ago; July 2024;

1. Rishi Sunak absolutely destroys the Conservative and Unionist Party, established 1834.

2. Jim McMahon absolutely destroys Motherwell Football Club, established 1886.

3 nothing to see here; moves on.....