Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just thinking back to all the players we've been linked with and didn't secure them for one reason or another. Interesting to see who went on to make a name and who didn't. To play the game they need to have been mentioned by the manager or linked by a source other than someone on Twitter with 20 followers. That Turkish fella doesn't count. I'll start the ball rolling with 2:

Robert Snodgrass (Luton to free) who ended up at Hearts and it wasn't filled with glory, was always going to be a last payday however.

Alexander was keen on Robbie Gotts (Leeds) who ended up at Barrow. Wikipedia tells us he won player of the year in his first season.

5 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Just thinking back to all the players we've been linked with and didn't secure them for one reason or another. Interesting to see who went on to make a name and who didn't. To play the game they need to have been mentioned by the manager or linked by a source other than someone on Twitter with 20 followers. That Turkish fella doesn't count. I'll start the ball rolling with 2:

Robert Snodgrass (Luton to free) who ended up at Hearts and it wasn't filled with glory, was always going to be a last payday however.

Alexander was keen on Robbie Gotts (Leeds) who ended up at Barrow. Wikipedia tells us he won player of the year in his first season.

What happened to the Raith PCAs?

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Even a non-binding HoT is a legal document, you can't just change your mind and send a text...it'll go through lawyers on that side, our side, communication needs agreed...if there's a lawyer reading this, perhaps they could chip in as to whether EB would be liable for certain costs of the process if he changes his mind?

I'm certainly no legal expert, especially when it comes to the law in the UK and Scotland, but I believe there wouldn't be any legal repercussions if the Barmacks decided to pull their offer.

If the Heads of Terms between Wild Sheep Sports/Barmacks and the club have been agreed upon but not legally signed, and since HoTs are generally not legally binding, the Barmacks could probably pull their offer without facing legal consequences. HoTs are meant to outline the main points of an agreement before the final, legally binding contract is drawn up. While they show a serious intention to move forward, they usually aren't legally enforceable on their own unless explicitly stated otherwise. Most HoTs include a clause that says they are not legally binding, meaning either party can withdraw without legal consequences before signing the final agreement. We obviously don't know if that clause exists.

That being said, even though HoTs are not legally binding, they might include clauses about negotiating in good faith. While this doesn't create a binding contract, pulling out could harm reputations or relationships. Also, if any costs have been incurred by either party based on the understanding that a formal agreement will be reached, there might be a discussion about covering those costs. This is usually more about fairness and reputation than a legal obligation. It’s also important to note that if there are any specific clauses within the HoTs that are stated to be legally binding, such as confidentiality agreements or exclusivity periods, those would need to be honoured, and breaking such clauses could have legal consequences.

I'm assuming the Barmack's legal team will be aware of all of the above though, and wouldn't proceed unless they knew they could without facing legal recourse.

4 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I'm going down to the front of the main stand with pitchforks and torches if we don't sign Ally Gorrin. 

Can’t believe we’re not tbh,

he’s looked decent, he’ll be a good signing for someone 

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

even if it has I'm not convinced that McMahon wouldn't be desperately trying to salvage it.

Whether it has or not I dunno but this was also my thoughts on what might be going on behind the scenes. Based on nuhin of course.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Whether it has or not I dunno but this was also my thoughts on what might be going on behind the scenes. Based on nuhin of course.

I saw Erik made brief appearance in the 'Recently Browsing' section earlier this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

That Turkish fella doesn't count.

21 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

What happened to Feghouli? One of the few times the power of the thread failed.

Banned

4 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

The mask is slipping now EB's offer is sinking......... the real wolf in sheep's clothing eh?

A Scoobie Doo reveal will show I'm actually part of the Aussie consortium

Just had a straw poll of my 20 'Well supporting mates who are also WS members on our WhatsApp group. 

Every one voted no.

Every one has said that if this is kicked out they're all increasing their WS DD.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

1 hour ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

It's been a relief that most posters here are In agreement with the WS proposal, otherwise this thread would've resembled the old Indy threads and wider politics forum.

It's a shame because honestly i'd have really enjoyed pulling a heel turn and going v v v v ROCK FLAG EAGLE USA!

Edited by thisGRAEME

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

In case anyone hasn't voted yet (surely not).

Feel free to drop by after 2pm folks - we'll happily talk to both Colins and non-Colins.

Edited by JayMFC