Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

First I've heard of it, aside from an earlier post. I thought Sparrow got through without a knock but might be wrong.

The update the club put out earlier has him injured 

23 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

When we signed Gordon, I thought we must have been going with him, Balmer and McGinn as the first choice three, but I guess injuries definitely mean Blaney and Casey now have the opportunity to build their cases.

Defence - particularly in a three, I think - is very much a situation where you look to the sum of the parts rather than the components. Little things can make a big difference in finding the right balance and if you find something which, whatever led you to pick it, works, you need to be very, very confident one individual is an upgrade on another to risk tweaking the group.

Blaney is nobody's idea of a hero, for example, but if you already have two guys shouting or two psychopaths in the tackle, a quiet lad who follows his leader and keeps it simple might complete the unit better than another replica of the first two.

Essentially the next two games remain open trials for the dress rehearsal against Thistle - from that point on, if things are going as hoped, whoever is in through form, fitness etc, stays in until they really f**k up or it stops working.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, this is another reason why Kettlewell's choice to volunteer that information is as interesting.

I mean, I get that he likes to talk but it goes some way to undermining Executive Board's framing of why they're apparently desperate to sell the club out to some random for buttons. It already seemed wilfully disingenuous on their part to begin with without Ketts piping up in front of the press to say..."Actually, no it's more than the figure you've seen quoted".

Didn't Kettlewell do a presser or club video where he pretty much claimed all credit for Theo's rise. Sure it was covered on here a few months back.

While it may be a part of a wider plan it may also be him feathering his own nest per the article.

2 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Didn't Kettlewell do a presser or club video where he pretty much claimed all credit for Theo's rise. Sure it was covered on here a few months back.

While it may be a part of a wider plan it may also be him feathering his own nest per the article.

I remember there was a tonne of stuff about Bair's development coming out in Jan/Feb/March as well and Ketts selling the way we do analysis, training, development and one-on-one coaching as being really beneficial to him.

Fair play to him for the latter, as well; he's not going to be our manager forever and if he can demonstrate to other clubs his pedigree in that area and improve things for us on the pitch as well, he'll get rightly get a move to a bigger job. It's not quite Mark McGhee levels of whoring yet, thankfully.

If the allocation is the same as Ibrox (900 or so) I'm just wondering where we'd be at Hampden? 

Possibly stick us up in a section or two of the South Upper?

19 minutes ago, Desp said:

If the allocation is the same as Ibrox (900 or so) I'm just wondering where we'd be at Hampden? 

Possibly stick us up in a section or two of the South Upper?

I'd have thought they'd need that for their own upper tier folk from the main stand, I'd guess we'd get a block of the south-east corner.

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

"bulding" tho.

Across all socials platforms.

Sheesh.

There's been loads of grammar issues with the majority of what we've been putting out of late. Most annoyingly misplaced apostrophe's.

Ramback was just the icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Conor Sammon-esque.

That was the other one that sprung to mind, but it's more than double that, and I think Saints were paying a bit of his wages this season too? :lol:

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

€174,000 for Kelly at the Euros.

Unclear what, if anything, we get for Bair at the Copa.

Jim McMahon will be the only chairman in world football to be absolutely SEETHING at seeing 6 and 7 figure cash sums rolling in from all over the shop.