Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Just to direct away from the very important toast conversation.

This is a really good statement from the WS.

It is, makes their point clearly and strongly without coming over as bitter or vindictive.

Also while things could change, there is currently no suggestion EB will be re-engaging with the process. Which in itself justifies a comprehensive rejection, some will say.

10 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If we cant agree on butter, better no get started on the Toasted or Roasted Cheese debate!

It’s a miracle we were able to agree on fan ownership! 😍😍😍

Roasted - there’s a special watchlist for people that call it toasted. 

BTW this is fucking great, what a result for us this morning and we should be all looking towards that. Instead we've 3 pages about toast.

I was all for coming and congratulating the Well supporters on doing the right thing and kicking this pseudo takeover into touch.

What do I see?

Toast wafting and roasting cheese?

Feck me.

All the best any way lads you bunch of absolute deviants.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

BTW this is fucking great, what a result for us this morning and we should be all looking towards that. Instead we've 3 pages about toast.

Not gonna lie, I thought it was just gonna be a wee greeny from you as a nod to #TheBreakfastBit and we'd move on.

I got back to my desk and had fifteen notifications on my P&B tab. 😂

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Just to direct away from the very important toast conversation.

This is a really good statement from the WS.

Great statement. I suspect they had plenty of time to draft and fine tune it.

I wonder if Erik might drop by later, one last time? I have drafted a statement of my own, just in case...

E6DFeaoXIAE85Q2.jpg

The odd number of pieces of toast has got my OCD in overdrive too, in addition to trying to build a mini Stonehenge with them at the same time. Shudder.

However the toast is just a smokescreen for the real issue...the latte. The lack of coffee in it would make Starbucks proud. 

Oh, by the way, great to see worst takeover attempt ever getting the treatment it deserves. 

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

What's the roasted cheese etiquette here since Kenny and I have stirred up hornets nest.

For me, grill on, toast one side (no wafting req), flip, cheese on, finish

A wee half toast on the second side before adding the cheese is acceptable. Worcestershire sauce anyone?

Great news on the bid - the club statement is what it is and I think the bid discussion did split the fans. I mean, we've spent the last how many weeks moaning that Facebook and Twitter/X was full of people wanting to vote for it. So I don't think we can argue that it didn't create division. There's obviously more to it than that but.....it's a statement, who cares at this point? It's done. 

Good on the WS and the supporters like @Vietnam91 who have had this consume them. Now will be interesting to see what happens at Club Board level and who is appointed to the WS board places this year. 

Warm toast and melty butter for me. Wife also a cold toast mentalist.

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

A wee half toast on the second side before adding the cheese is acceptable. Worcestershire sauce anyone?

I actually had that in but didn't want to get ire of the "YoU'll BUrn tHe EDgeS" mob so took it out.

Worcester Sauce is elite as is pepper.

Wafted toast, butter and raspberry jam. Marmalade is fit only for basting a gammon.

2 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

What's the roasted cheese etiquette here since Kenny and I have stirred up hornets nest.

For me, grill on, toast one side (no wafting req), flip, cheese on, finish

Using bread for roasted cheese is sacrilege...soda scone must be used

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

I actually had that in but didn't want to get ire of the "YoU'll BUrn tHe EDgeS" mob so took it out.

Worcester Sauce is elite as is pepper.

Wafted toast, butter and raspberry jam. Marmalade is fit only for basting a gammon.

Like making a good pizza its best to spread the cheese right to the edges. Stops the burnt edges a bit.

Pepper is a big aye, too.