Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Between playing Harry Paton at all costs and only playing 1 striker regardless of the opposition, I can see this being another season of me cursing Kettlewell whether we win, lose or draw. 

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

Between playing Harry Paton at all costs and only playing 1 striker regardless of the opposition, I can see this being another season of me cursing Kettlewell whether we win, lose or draw. 

Thinking the exact same tbh. 

Things feel really positive with the signings and now the off the pitch stuff. However having watched now three games with one striker against lower league opposition, I can feel this being a source of frustration this year.

Things are going to nice but with limited cutting edge. However if we keep scoring headers from corners who are we to complain.  

6 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I'm not sure Motherwell is the club for you mate.

Well, always support your local team, I reckon. Upthread I mentioned that I'd join the WS if the good guys won. I'd be deeply disappointed if you tried to dissuade me.....

Left ML1 in 1992. Had my best ever paneer in Folkestone, an ex Gurka town.....if this gives me a chance of redemption here.....?

1 minute ago, Dan Electro said:

Well, always support your local team, I reckon. Upthread I mentioned that I'd join the WS if the good guys won. I'd be deeply disappointed if you tried to dissuade me.....

Left ML1 in 1992. Had my best ever paneer in Folkestone, an ex Gurka town.....if this gives me a chance of redemption here.....?

It was a glib reference to the toast chat mate.

Not had Nepalese food buy it looks braw.

Get signed up for the WS. Fan ownership is the way forward for clubs like ours. 

Pretty tame first half. With the changes it does still feel like a training game.

I honestly hope we change shape either at half time or for the clyde game. We keep getting towards the midfield and then stopping. People making runs are then having to come back and THEN are getting the ball. 

When we have made actual attacks, they have been pretty good and we seem to be pretty lethal at corners now (aside from the first one today, that was a copy of last seasons corners).

All in all, it's what I expected. I guess with the goal, a lot of the pressure will be off. But if we do get through, then seeding might go down to goal difference. Not taking our chances against league one/two opposition may hurt us eventually. 

Had an operation earlier in the year and did the usual fast the evening before and in early the next morning. 

When I came round I was offered a bite to eat sandwich etc or just some toast 

I went for the toast option and it was glorious. I wonder where they get their bread?

32 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

1 upfront v Montrose is disappointing

That's how we'll be setting up for most of the season, would be daft to do anything different while the new folk are still settling in.

I'm for giving him the benefit of the doubt right now. 

I get why we would play the same formation we plan to play in the league - new players getting used to each other etc. Injuries too.

But I do fear we lack the ability in attacking midfield and the pace and ability at wingback more than anything.

Edited by eliphas

8 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

That's how we'll be setting up for most of the season, would be daft to do anything different while the new folk are still settling in.

That's completely logical but even in the league this would be cautious and pedestrian... unfair to judge with injuries perhaps but while I understand why we're practicing, I'm a bit concerned at what we're practicing.

17 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

That's completely logical but even in the league this would be cautious and pedestrian... unfair to judge with injuries perhaps but while I understand why we're practicing, I'm a bit concerned at what we're practicing.

Absolutely this for me. 

I get it is the hardest part of the game, especially with many men behind the ball. But our attacking play with so much of the ball had been disappointing. 

Montrose scored 2 goals v Thistle so we need that second goal.

It has been a dominant display in terms of possession. I saw BBC stats showing 42% for Montrose. Not sure what game they are watching. It must 20-25% at most. 

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Two up front now. Let's see how this goes.

Not significantly better...SOD and Wilson have put a tonne of effort in but while tidy enough, with no pace they're relatively easy to defend. We saw last year the difference it made having the wing-backs sorted or not.

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: It makes sense that he speaks French being Canadian but it's still pretty jarring. 

That is a great video. I know we've had 9 signings but if there's to be more I want drone footage of Strathclyde Park and the tiny waterfalls at the Dalziell Estate or South Calder Water. Good luck to the big man, I hope Auxerre have YouTube Premium and a Top 10 Strikers video for Theo all ready to go.

Glad the votes gone away. Could've announced it yesterday and saved me a convo with a guy on facebook last night but hey ho. Bit weird timing for it to be pulled in the middle of a vote. I don't blame Eric for not coming back to entertain us weirdo's, but surely some egg on his face from the timing. Nice little jibe from TWS about the fees at the bottom of their statement, hope that can be reclaimed, maybe via a 6 year repayment plan... The next Society comms "New Members" section is either gonna be a number or 4 pages of names. Gonna give it a week till it dies down and then join myself up, might see if Little Miss still wants to be a Junior Member too.

Sadly I'll out myself as one for saying Toasted Cheese too. 2 slices though. And while I do admire the ability to stand toast upright, it should've been buttered straight away and already looks too burnt for my liking. Don't like tea or coffee, toilet roll should go over, not under, and have found a great fondness for Pop Tarts now they sell them in ASDA.