Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, steelmen said:

FCUK ME

image.thumb.png.4f008a081cb7fcdac326cd978047632d.png

I think that's about as I'd expect it, tbh. 35ish% of the replies at least appear to be in favour of it/challenging the WS, whilst the others aren't. I don't think there's many (if any fans) who wouldn't welcome investment under the right terms.

The whole "scaring off investors" narrative is nonsense, frankly. If people come with unrealistic ideas and proposals, they'll rightly be criticised.

Edited by StAndrew7

1 minute ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think that's about as I'd expect it, tbh. 25% of the replies at least appear to be in favour of it, whilst the others aren't. I don't think there's many (if any fans) who wouldn't welcome investment under the right terms.

The whole "scaring off investors" narrative is nonsense, frankly. If people come with unrealistic ideas and proposals, they'll rightly be criticised.

Also, I’d suggest that at least one of those comments comes from someone who isn’t a Motherwell fan.

21 minutes ago, steelmen said:

FCUK ME

I for one am missing the regular musings of BBC "Fan Writer" Jenna Thomson, last seen on 21st May. We need more of her brand of feelgood warbling in these dark days of division.

This season was defined more by good times in the stands with friends and family than good results on the pitch.

That mindset, Jesus wept.

We put something up for sale (sorry ... "invite investment"), in our case 21.6% of our holding, £1.8m of our money and control, which we've never really had let's be honest.

The offer, while acceptable to the board was not to the majority of the fanbase in a one member, one vote organisation. To argue that a rejection of this chronic deal means nobody else will be interested is extreme heavily lifting. Since such a low bloody bar was set by McMahon there may be a few more chancers circling but the message we have sent has acted as the perfect Litmus test of seriousness ..... and I'm all for that.

What saddens me is now how a good number of our fans are actively willing the WS to f**k up as they seem motivated by a desire to satisfy a "told you so" schadenfreude in the years ahead. Mainly because their own ego's demand it and they can't be seen to have backed the wrong side on this.

I guess a number of them sidestep the fact that you need a strong WS to deliver 200k for 3 years and 250k per year for the 3 after it into Erik's pot.

I guess that's why eBay is struggling to make ends meet and used car lots don't exist. Because when sales don't go through first time, the sellers just give up.

4 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

That mindset, Jesus wept.

We put something up for sale (sorry ... "invite investment"), in our case 21.6% of our holding, £1.8m of our money and control, which we've never really had let's be honest.

The offer, while acceptable to the board was not to the majority of the fanbase in a one member, one vote organisation. To argue that a rejection of this chronic deal means nobody else will be interested is extreme heavily lifting. Since such a low bloody bar was set by McMahon there may be a few more chancers circling but the message we have sent has acted as the perfect Litmus test of seriousness ..... and I'm all for that.

What saddens me is now how a good number of our fans are actively willing the WS to f**k up as they seem motivated by a desire to satisfy a "told you so" schadenfreude in the years ahead. Mainly because their own ego's demand it and they can't be seen to have backed the wrong side on this.

I guess a number of them sidestep the fact that you need a strong WS to deliver 200k for 3 years and 250k per year for the 3 after it into Erik's pot.

I guess that's why eBay is struggling to make ends meet and used car lots don't exist. Because when sales don't go through first time, the sellers just give up.

The battle is won, but not yet the war.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ex-Accies AND St Johnstone?! Do not let Kettlewell see this.

“Moved on”. That’s a bit Celtic-y.

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed what I'm assuming is yer man in the comments on Twitter. Not taking it well at all.

Tbh, from having had a browse of the profiles and timelines of those concerned the folk that seem to have been pro this investment proposal seem to have been gullible marks who will fall for an obvious grift.

The bold Craig (disappointed he’s not called Colin tbh) must be new - but for the avoidance of doubt, Motherwell have always been - and will always be - shite against lower league teams, regardless of the ownership model. 

5 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

A few thoughts on last night’s performance.

It was annoying me that Wilson kept making runs inside. I don’t know if he was instructed to do so but we were crying out for width and an out ball on the left. I’m still hoping we sign a Furlong/Gent type left wing back tbh.

Robinson held the ball up well but had no one bouncing off him. Halliday and Paton don’t have the speed, movement or creativity to play as tens. 352 actually suits the players we currently have in the building.

We’ve created so little in open play in the last two games. However, Lennon Miller’s weight of pass is exceptional. Imagine we actually had players making runs for him to play them in. 

The defence has been well organised with Gordon being very vocal. I don’t think Montrose had a shot until the Ox wonder save late on. Edinburgh didn’t have a shot at all. 

The game changed last night when Ferry was subbed on for Robinson. We stopped pressing as a team and became so slack in possession. Kettlewell has to take the blame for that as well as the lousy set up. 

Saw Wilson playing for Beith end of last season and very impressed with him 

He played more of a defensive covering midfielder. When the back 4 moved across the pitch as a unit, he covered the opposing winger. He would break up attacks in midfield and feed the left winger often playing one-twos and getting the ball back and having a shot from edge of penalty box

But yes, probably doing what Manager said.

4 hours ago, steelmen said:

FCUK ME

One of the many bits that gets me with these "arguments" is the people who challenge whether the Well Society can raise £2m completely neglecting the fact that the Barmacks' deal was requiring the WS to do almost the same thing.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

I don't imagine they know this, or read it.

49 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Nicholson getting gradually more fed up through these photos is great.

Good to know he's alive I guess!

Imagine the barmack thing had gone ahead, then we went 2-0 down to Partick next week, would the moon howlers be getting out the pitchforks for the ex-netflix guy?