Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

image.png.5a930a80a0ddfd15f596845af4511ad2.png

If my calculations are correct, 1203 eligible members had not (yet) voted. I guess most of them were never going to. I wonder if the shareholder vote represented a similar 80:20 split, but I suppose we'll never know.

Beautiful. Get that on FB for the Colins et al.

44 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Some divided fanbase that is eh? 🤦‍♂️

Doesn’t an 80-20 split somewhat echo some of the straw polls you posted way back that folk said were bullshit and not representative …..  

9 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Doesn’t an 80-20 split somewhat echo some of the straw polls you posted way back that folk said were bullshit and not representative …..  

Pretty much , there was another one I put out on twitter a few days before voting opened that came out exactly 80/20

Just now, capt_oats said:

The full Caldwell thing is here btw.

I really, really like him; speaks a lot of sense and is clearly on board with working alongside the Society.

Edited by StAndrew7

I don’t know any of the WS board but I would imagine the “divided fanbase” patter in the club statement went down like a cup of cold sick and had a small bearing on the figures being released. I would also imagine pulling the deal during the voting period after the polling company being engaged had a bigger effect. 

The club board recommended a terrible, derisory takeover deal  that was clearly contrary to the best interests of the club and never at any point had the grace or humility to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong. I’m not petty about stuff normally but I fucking love 78.45% of get it up ye. 

52 minutes ago, ropy said:

Any comments from Craig or the assorted Colins?

There is a few that have the surname "Park"
I know of someone else with that name and he's a throbber too. 

15 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I really, really like him; speaks a lot of sense and is clearly on board with working alongside the Society.

I wouldn't like to watch him in a rap battle with Kettlewell, though, they can both fair go on a bit.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Caldwell talks well, 80-20 is a remarkable gubbing. A good evening!

Aye. All the stuff about Erik doing the right thing and withdrawing because he didn't want to come into a divided club is bullshit. He wasn't going to come in because he got roundly rejected by the Well Society.

It wasn't like he was going to squeak a win. It was a total pumping.

55 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I wouldn't like to watch him in a rap battle with Kettlewell, though, they can both fair go on a bit.

I'd imagine they'd just sit there shouting "Football Club" at each other in as many variations as is possible.