Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

As I said in a group chat, spending half an hour on Motherwell Facebook has me fucking hating Motherwell FC again. 

30 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It seems Stewarts aren't much better...

Screenshot2024-07-18at19_33_43.thumb.png.803f07f7426263a4adf210232e8a6eab.png

and this laddie is just legitimately psychotic.

Screenshot2024-07-18at19_35_32.thumb.png.4dd5ffdc16a8d9d5919d665c7134dd9d.png
Screenshot2024-07-18at19_35_55.thumb.png.a46ecd647169d086ecc55428a683f204.png

There are some folk who feel the need to comment on almost every single social media post by the club and, to a man, their takes are always absolutely miles out. Yir boi Drew there is one such character. You get used to the user names and it's advisable to just scroll past without reading or engaging, as reasoning with them is pointless. They're all fucking mental. 

Do people put the extra letters in their name on Facebook so that people can't find them? I'm glad I don't need to be on there anymore (probably didn't need to be on in the first place).

That "political campaign" stuff is something else. I hate us.

12 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

There are some folk who feel the need to comment on almost every single social media post by the club and, to a man, their takes are always absolutely miles out. Yir boi Drew there is one such character. You get used to the user names and it's advisable to just scroll past without reading or engaging, as reasoning with them is pointless. They're all fucking mental. 

Loss of one Heneghan = Armageddon

Receiving just over five Heneghan's with nearly two more in adds on's yesterday = nothing to see here

This vote was an IQ test right enough.

8 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Do people put the extra letters in their name on Facebook so that people can't find them? I'm glad I don't need to be on there anymore (probably didn't need to be on in the first place).

That "political campaign" stuff is something else. I hate us.

I think a lot of teachers etc do it so folk can't find them. Never really understood the risk personally, my mum was a teacher and had her real name on Facebook and as far as I'm aware didn't have millions of kids/parents trying to add her.

10 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I can't see somehow the bold 'Ddreww' being a teacher. 😆

I doubt he'll be teaching anyone how to run pubs in the near future...

3 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

I really, really like him; speaks a lot of sense and is clearly on board with working alongside the Society.

I'm interested to see what happens now he has an opportunity to actually do his job.

He's clearly toeing the party line in that video and...fair enough. There's no real value in him coming out and taking shots at anyone given, as he says, he's only been here since April and to all intents and purposes he's been in limbo while this nonsense has been played out. At the same time he says enough for you to be able to read between the lines that he's been fairly scunnered by the whole thing.

The fact that he is, once again, reiterating the fact that we're financially healthy and stable (even more so now) means my brain will never be able to deal with the level of insanity we've seen from the Executive Board for the sake of £300k a season.

It's absolutely fucking demented.

Edited by capt_oats

I very rarely read the comments on Motherwell's Facebook page, ever. I've almost trained my brain just to scroll past. However, in the past couple of days, like some car crash TV, I've found myself reading both the club and the society's posts and comments. I've found myself in such limbo between stopping reading for my sanity and having to keep going to see if somehow the stupidity in the next comment can top the current one.

12 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I very rarely read the comments on Motherwell's Facebook page, ever. I've almost trained my brain just to scroll past. However, in the past couple of days, like some car crash TV, I've found myself reading both the club and the society's posts and comments. I've found myself in such limbo between stopping reading for my sanity and having to keep going to see if somehow the stupidity in the next comment can top the current one.

I'm the same.

I have an account because I used to use FB and also I have work accounts linked to it and even then I handed off the running of those accounts a long time ago so I haven't actively used the platform in literally years.

Never read the comments is a fairly good rule of thumb and one I'll definitely be reverting to.

Having said that, I'm not a member of any of the Motherwell related FB groups, I seem to remember someone saying that the POV on those pages was quite different to the broader consensus.

I'm almost curious to know how the news has gone down on those sort of pages as the way the WS vote panned out was pretty much in line with here, SO, Twitter and the like.

Anyway, after IndyRef and Brexit I'm glad to have come out on this right side of this vote. 1 out of 3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Just watch yourself mate, I'm convinced there must be some sort of brainwashing going on for there to be the number of dafties that we have. Read too many of the crazy takes and all of a sudden you'll be under their spell and on there as CcrazyLlegszjjoe, praising the High Lord McMahon and advocating a move for investment from the Accies Nigerian Prince.

I know I am not the smartest, in fact I know I can be a bit of an idiot but a good read of the MFC related FB pages has me feeling like a Mensa member

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The fact that he is, once again, reiterating the fact that we're financially healthy and stable (even more so now) means my brain will never be able to deal with the level of insanity we've seen from the Executive Board for the sake of £300k a season.

It's absolutely fucking demented.

The amount of stuff that’s happened in the past couple of months probably means it will be next close season before I get my head around it all but the above is the key thing. 

The exec board including 2 WS reps were prepared to sell the family silver for 300k a year based on a business plan that hadn’t been written that when it did surface after the vote deadline showed we’d be spending 4,000,000 quid on magic beans. 

I’m a long way from forgive and forget at the moment.