Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Theo and Davor should make a buddy cop movie.

IMG_3832.png

Theo’s big pay rise must have gone through if he’s parking at Mitchell Lane. 

Finally caught up on The Tread after being away/busy since start of July.

150+ pages to go through.

My thoughts:

• Voted No.
  • Glad offer withdrawn
  • Toast - Well done, buttered and eaten immediately. Cut in the middle. No firm thoughts on the number of slices. Depends on a number of factors.
  • Tea - Brewed for 5 mins, don’t squeeze the bag, milk either before or after bag removed.
  • Porridge - Overnight in the fridge. Warmed to room temperature before consuming. Fruit optional.
  • Bair - Fantastic piece of business.

Don't think I’ve missed anything?

Think that’s it. Away for a lie doon.

Edited by Alanos

6 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Finally caught up on The Tread after being away/busy since start of July.

150+ pages to go through.

My thoughts:

• Voted No.
  • Glad offer withdrawn
  • Toast - Well done, buttered and eaten immediately. Cut in the middle. No firm thoughts on the number of slices. Depends on a number of factors.
  • Tea - Brewed for 5 mins, don’t squeeze the bag, milk either before or after bag removed.
  • Porridge - Overnight in the fridge. Warmed to room temperature before consuming. Fruit optional.
  • Bair - Fantastic piece of business.

Don't think I’ve missed anything?

Think that’s it. Away for a lie doon.

That would have saved us 150 pages 

Also found this whilst looking for something else. No idea why I has this in my photos.

At least his skin has improved.

IMG_1553.jpeg

Edited by Alanos

The bold Ben finds a new club and it didn’t cost a Heneghan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crglpxn706yo

Port Vale have signed defender Ben Heneghan on a two-year contract following his departure from fellow League Two club Fleetwood Town.

The 30-year-old 6ft 3in centre-back, who played under Vale boss Darren Moore at Sheffield Wednesday, becomes Vale's 12th summer signing.

“Ben is another player who I know really well from my time at Sheffield Wednesday," said Moore.

"He will add real competition to our defensive unit. He is an aggressive, aerially-dominant leader of a centre half and a brilliant character to have in and around the dressing room."

Heneghan, who began his career at Chester, left the Deva Stadium to go north of the border with Motherwell in 2016.

He has since made moves to Sheffield United, Blackpool (twice on loan), AFC Wimbledon, Wednesday and Fleetwood in making 339 career appearances and scoring 17 goals - including the last-minute injury-time winner in a televised Chester-Wrexham derby.

Edited by Alanos

54 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Heneghan, who began his career at Chester, left the Deva Stadium to go north of the border with Motherwell in 2016.

He has since made moves to Sheffield United, Blackpool (twice on loan), AFC Wimbledon, Wednesday and Fleetwood in making 339 career appearances and scoring 17 goals - including the last-minute injury-time winner in a televised Chester-Wrexham derby.

For all he's now a unit of currency on here, Beneghan has actually carved himself out a very decent career.

1 hour ago, Alanos said:

Also found this whilst looking for something else. No idea why I has this in my photos.

IMG_1553.jpeg

I thought he actually looked decent, if a bit awkward, against us but really couldn't remember him as a striker - I reckon for the lowest league that'll be an utterly inspired conversion, fair play to him and his manager.

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

For all he's now a unit of currency on here, Beneghan has actually carved himself out a very decent career.

I'm genuinely amazed he hasn't ended up back here at some point. Maybe 2026 is the time.

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm genuinely amazed he hasn't ended up back here at some point. Maybe 2026 is the time.

He sort of teased it at one point during a January window but it never actually came to anything (clearly).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdiszUBFkIw/

That photo is one of those that you kind of forget he overlapped with Kipré and the rest of Robinson's Thunderdome iteration.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Alanos said:

IMG_1553.jpeg

Take it they must have let McMahon type up the name for the transfer ....

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

He sort of teased it at one point during a January window but it never actually came to anything (clearly).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdiszUBFkIw/

That photo is one of those that you kind of forget he overlapped with Kipré and the rest of Robinson's Thunderdome iteration.

Aye Hartley being his direct replacement feels a bit incongruous. 

I remember being quite glad when Beneghan left as he was so bad on the ball. Other teams set up so he’d be the one that wasn’t pressed. 

I still have a Kipre mug I bought from somewhere random in my cupboard. He still did the backflip in my mind when he scored.

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye Hartley being his direct replacement feels a bit incongruous. 

Heneghan was way too nice to be a Thunderdome-er

thunderdome.png.b396d0ff1d92bc57d96b8d719f85fb3d.png

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I've said this to my mates but being a certain level of footballer I reckon Cyprus is the dream location, maybe just cos I love Cyprus but I think it's the average fitba players dream.