Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

When I used to do a predict the score competition I always went for a 3-0 defeat in these games so anything better than that is a moral victory.  (4-1 is better than that).

Moral victory 

Thought we actually played pretty well at points today, still lacking cutting edge. 

Second goal was a shocker to give away, don't know when we'll learn to not just stand off players. 

Kettlewell deserves every bit of criticism coming his way for risking Stamatelopoulos today.

I'd say the second half was pretty good. Just no natural goal scorer whenever we did have a chance.

There was much less "going forwards? I'll pass it back" in that half and it really showed. If only that was how we set up in the first half.

The positives? Not getting absolutely decimated? I think I will take that. Will need to focus on getting a FIT Squad and not risking injuries for the kilmarnock and Hearts games.

I thought we did ok. Tbh we looked what we are atm - a very limited team that’s giving it their all. No disgrace in the scoreline but maybe some regret that Rangers were clearly there for the taking today. Just not by us in our current state. 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Thought we actually played pretty well at points today, still lacking cutting edge. 

Second goal was a shocker to give away, don't know when we'll learn to not just stand off players. 

Kettlewell deserves every bit of criticism coming his way for risking Stamatelopoulos today.

What is Stama’s injury?

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

I thought we did ok. Tbh we looked what we are atm - a very limited team that’s giving it their all. No disgrace in the scoreline but maybe some regret that Rangers were clearly there for the taking today. Just not by us in our current state. 

Pretty much this. I was not overly impressed with Rangers. 

We were well in the game which given the injuries is more than I expected tbh. Without stating the obvious but with Bair and Spittal I reckon we would have taken something. 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

What is Stama’s injury?

Something to do with the quad/thigh area. Not clear but if it is major, Kettlewell will have alot of blame on his shoulders.

Edited by Phillips455
Something, not Nothing

5 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

As long as it's nuanced when calling him a w****r.

We managed to turn a game that looked like we were going to get hammered into them wasting time at the end to hold on, so pretty good performance overall.

We had some good passages of play on the counter attack, but really need some pace to add more bite to that.

Robinsons effort goes in against any other keeper in our league, it was an excellent save.

I know O'Donnell and halliday aren't popular, but they both had good games. Casey on the other hand needs to stop being dragged into no man's land.

Good to get Mcginn a full 90 mins, and also decent minutes from seddon and Sparrow. I guess wells and Wilson won't be going out on loan now.

Would have taken that result with bells on three hours ago. After watching it we could have given them a game if we had four guys expected to be starters not in rehab. Watching both goals back, the positioning and shape out of possession was amateur. Wilson while not affecting the first was standing pretty much in the middle of the park. As for Cerny's closing your man down is day one, lesson one.

While I hate last seasons defence and was critical of keeping pretty much all of them, its hard to drop Casey for Balmer off the back of two clean sheets in the same way dropping Ox for Hegyi would send a bad message to the dressing room. Giving McGinn the armband means you expect him to play when fit. Gordon has been arguably our best performer in competitive games to date. I don't know where you go with that dynamic built in.

Seddon removed for seemingly being out of puff and still no Kaleta doesn't give you a chance to play a 5-4-1 where counter attacking must have been the plan.

Robinson may not score ever but Bair took till Christmas before he started hitting the net regularly and we made 1.6m off him.

I think we need to announce someone next week just to offer something against Hearts.

15 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

I think we need to announce someone next week just to offer something against Hearts.

Killie in the cup first mind, would be good to announce someone to give folk a wee lift going into that.