Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

There's also a chance that some of the bodies we've brought in already simply aren't up to it, isn't there?

Absolutely. Thoughts on any early contenders for a ruthless Kettlewell 'mutualling'?.

2 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Stuparevic ….. 

Callachan…..

Callachan is from the central belt and needs treatment for his injury anyway, it would seem a real stretch for him to want to do anything other than sit tight and recover.

The guys from abroad are a different matter, you never know if they just hate it here or have a family issue somehow. Otherwise the cost of zapping someone on a two-year contract at this stage is just prohibitive compared to the chance they might come good when they settle into the neighbourhood, pace of the game etc.

By January it becomes a slightly different matter.

Other than youngsters on loan and Miller if made a ridiculous offer, I can't see us shipping any out this month.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

I was relatively bullish about the chance of Vale returning... until we signed a million other forwards. Tbf you could argue he's closer to a 10 and a midfielder in terms of style than a true striker but still...hmm.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

I don't hate this. I thought he was pretty decent in that 'Not quite a striker but also not a midfielder' role last season. Also adds a bit of pace which is something we're lacking at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I was relatively bullish about the chance of Vale returning... until we signed a million other forwards. Tbf you could argue he's closer to a 10 and a midfielder in terms of style than a true striker but still...hmm.

Aye, I mean I'm all for having him back it's just a giggle that the bold Pete O'Rourke has us in for Kouassi last night and now we're back in for Vale (which like yourself I thought may be the case until we signed aw the forwards).

f**k it...I say we just lean into it.

giphy.gif

Is that Peter O'Rourke guy legit? Had that asked when I pointed that out. A pal seems to think he was called out on his shitposting

He seems a decent guy that bought into our great wee club and did a job when we needed him to in February/March when things still looked pretty perilous for a while. I thought he fell off a bit after that though. I'm honestly not sure either way whether he's got the same sort of raw attributes that Bair had and could be moulded into someone pretty handy at our level, or if, at 23, it's more likely you aren't "raw" anymore and might just not be up to it technically to be a Scottish Premiership player. 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Is that Peter O'Rourke guy legit? Had that asked when I pointed that out. A pal seems to think he was called out on his shitposting

He was the guy that broke the Steve Seddon story 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He seems a decent guy that bought into our great wee club and did a job when we needed him to in February/March when things still looked pretty perilous for a while. I thought he fell off a bit after that though. I'm honestly not sure either way whether he's got the same sort of raw attributes that Bair had and could be moulded into someone pretty handy at our level, or if, at 23, it's more likely you aren't "raw" anymore and might just not be up to it technically to be a Scottish Premiership player. 

Literally🤣🤣. From memory he bought cup final memorabilia at the POTY awards for around £600.00. So on that alone, bring him back 👍

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

St Johnstone fans definitely have opinions on him at the moment as his account has been firing out stories about Sidibeh all summer.

I get the impression that he's one of those that agents feed stories to and he publishes them in a quid pro quo sort of situation.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

He said that Slattery had signed a new contract around a week before it was announced