Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Is it my imagination or did SODs look a little leaner / skinnier yesterday?  Has he perhaps changed his fitness regime away from muscle mass for strength, to get lighter on his feet?  

He just seemed a bit more fleet of foot than previously.  But maybe that's just an effect of the overall great performance 🤗

We were talking about that yesterday.

Dont know if he looks leaner. But he definitely appears to be fitter / quicker.

I read somewhere else that he had put himself through some sort of fitness regime in the summer.

If true it appears to be paying dividends as we are now getting to see him at his full potential.

Maybe he could take Tony Watt under his wing and get him back up to full fitness!

27 minutes ago, redstarcvedza said:

the economic cycle of the pie

Not a phrase I expected to read here!

Out of curiosity, do the club make money from the pies etc sales? I assumed we'd just contracted it out a la Provan.

7 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We were talking about that yesterday.

Dont know if he looks leaner. But he definitely appears to be fitter / quicker.

I read somewhere else that he had put himself through some sort of fitness regime in the summer.

If true it appears to be paying dividends as we are now getting to see him at his full potential.

Maybe he could take Tony Watt under his wing and get him back up to full fitness!

Dunno if it's just my imagination but the new jerseys certainly seem to highlight the difference between those built for speed and those who spend more time, eh, 'training for strength' shall we say.

Delighted for SOD whatever is behind his little burst.... there's no doubt his form has been varied at times but he seems a good guy and even if not a 'Well fan, it's pleasing to have a local boy made good etc.

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

Enough about Sod's and Block E, I notice we are bottom of the crime count table according to the Pie and Bovril Twitter account with only a singular booking.

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

Also committed the least fouls.  

Not good enough. 

32 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Not a phrase I expected to read here!

Out of curiosity, do the club make money from the pies etc sales? I assumed we'd just contracted it out a la Provan.

I'm not sure. I just assumed that at some point and in some way the club made some cash from the catering arrangements.

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Is it my imagination or did SODs look a little leaner / skinnier yesterday?  Has he perhaps changed his fitness regime away from muscle mass for strength, to get lighter on his feet?  

He just seemed a bit more fleet of foot than previously.  But maybe that's just an effect of the overall great performance 🤗

He's made the ultimate sacrifice

(given up baking)

2 hours ago, redstarcvedza said:

The pies are supplied from Gillespies Family butchers in Forth. They're also available from the Keystore in Dimsdale in Wishaw and in a few stores in the Biggar area. Quite a few Well fans have been to the shop in Forth to stock up. As well as making money for the club the economic cycle of the pie helps to support businesses in the local community. The ingredients are sourced from businesses in Wishaw and Bellshill, constructed and baked in Forth with a Motherwell based business running the catering. The price at the ground is obviously more expensive but the purchase is providing the club with much needed extra cash.

Also I guess pies taste all the better accompanied by a superb performance on the pitch !

You had me at "pies"

16 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I made my comments on the situation previously. I agree Bob Park is a helmet though.

Wonder what the bold Bob thinks of you James????. Asking for a friend. 

So with our new signing being called up to the Zimbabwe National squad and generally ripping it up is it safe enough to reprise Big Pie's ancient and kinda never explained properly chant of "Zimbabwe Oooh!"

7 minutes ago, fatcalf said:

So with our new signing being called up to the Zimbabwe National squad and generally ripping it up is it safe enough to reprise Big Pie's ancient and kinda never explained properly chant of "Zimbabwe Oooh!"

LOL that was a totally random - to me anyway - chant. Haven't heard much about the big chap recently, any news of him?

35 minutes ago, fatcalf said:

Presumably he will get injured (knee).

20 hours ago, ropy said:

I never thought I would be celebrating a Tom Sparrow goal.  Benchwarmer I thought. But took his chance, played well last week too.

Looking back on his goal he won two headers then out paced the defender then ‘toe poked’ it past an international ‘keeper.  Good goal.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Zimbabwe seem to qualify for AFCON pretty regularly so we could lose him for a bit in Winter. That'd be a novelty, I suppose.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Presumably he will get injured (knee).

See above.