Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Wonder what the bold Bob thinks of you James????. Asking for a friend. 

I don't think he knows me. I defo don't care what he think of me either ya daft auld c**t

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think he knows me. I defo don't care what he think of me either ya daft auld c**t

And James bites again, easy pickens🤣

3 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

And James bites again, easy pickens🤣

What am I biting at? You directly asked me a question.

2 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

LOL that was a totally random - to me anyway - chant. Haven't heard much about the big chap recently, any news of him?

Yes keep in touch fairly regular. He's up North now, retired and waiting on heart surgery. Fit enough to travel down to Montrose to tick that elusive final ground off the original list along with me last month. Neve did explain where or how the chant originated. Must go ask him

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

SODs making the best of a good haircut by battering Salazar and going for the full knee slide is the highlight of my year tbh.

I like to think he was about to slide towards the corner flag then had a moment of clarity where he shat it from the groundsman so did it behind the goals

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: is this c**t not a mod on Steelmen?

Nah his username is a play on that name calling the owner of steelmen a turd (yabbas Turd - Yabbas is a turd).
His name on Steelmen is Robbo's boy I think. The only other weirdo who thinks calling me my name is smart.

Edited by Busta Nut

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Nah his username is a play on that name calling the owner of steelmen a turd (yabbas Turd - Yabbas is a turd).
His name on Steelmen is Robbo's boy I think. The only other weirdo who think calling me my name is smart.

Ah fair do's. Did seem a bit out of character. Even for SO.

22 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ah fair do's. Did seem a bit out of character. Even for SO.

And the friends of James unite🤣🤣🤣🤣. Poor guessing by the way. Nobody on any site should be called a Cu&t, etc. The person in question is simply doing a job for the club to the best of his abilities. Basically if people misbehaved, wether that be inside or out, in the time frames dictated, they are associated with the club, which has to take the appropriate action as per guidelines. So basically if they behave, Bob is out a job. 

On 31/07/2024 at 12:25, Dan Electro said:

Started a new contract in Farnborough, Hampshire on Monday, and the area has a significant Nepalese community due to the Ghurkas in the past. Personally prefer Nepalese over Punjabi (Central Belt) and Bengali (ubiquitous in England), so looking forward to visiting Ghurka Palace tonight. Will duly report later.

Welcome to my stomping ground Dan Electro. I've lived in Sandhurst, Berkshire since 1986. 400 miles from Fir Park and still a season ticket holder / WS member. Hope you enjoy your time down here. 

Who had "Only one Stephen O'Donnell" being sung on their 24/25 Bingo card? And who guessed he would actually deserve it??

32 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

I like to think he was about to slide towards the corner flag then had a moment of clarity where he shat it from the groundsman so did it behind the goals

I think he was so surprised/excited at his own goal that he didn't know what direction to go to.

On 31/07/2024 at 14:30, StAndrew7 said:

Someone over on yon other board said they thought he didn't look anywhere near ready for first team based on last night's game. I never thought Sparrow was going to be a regular starter in the team this season; definitely felt like a "project". I guess part of the want to have him ready is the dearth of options we have in there right now and hoping something else can work.

Roll forward 4 weeks.....his goal yesterday was full of energy, speed, determination and skill. He could be a very interesting project.

41 minutes ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

And the friends of James unite🤣🤣🤣🤣. Poor guessing by the way. Nobody on any site should be called a Cu&t, etc. The person in question is simply doing a job for the club to the best of his abilities. Basically if people misbehaved, wether that be inside or out, in the time frames dictated, they are associated with the club, which has to take the appropriate action as per guidelines. So basically if they behave, Bob is out a job. 

If this is the best of their abilities they should be sacked.

Facilities manager who has left one of our stands to look like an absolute midden for 6 months. It is a complete joke.

9 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Is it my imagination or did SODs look a little leaner / skinnier yesterday?  Has he perhaps changed his fitness regime away from muscle mass for strength, to get lighter on his feet?  

He just seemed a bit more fleet of foot than previously.  But maybe that's just an effect of the overall great performance 🤗

Never been a fan (to put it lightly) of SOD...however yesterday was the best I think I've seen him play, and yes he definitely looked leaner, fair play to him for that

3 hours ago, fatcalf said:

Yes keep in touch fairly regular. He's up North now, retired and waiting on heart surgery. Fit enough to travel down to Montrose to tick that elusive final ground off the original list along with me last month. Neve did explain where or how the chant originated. Must go ask him

Tell him the guy who forgot his passport on the way to Dortmund said hi. He’ll know who you’re talking about. Think you were on that bus too if memory serves me right, just made it to Abington in time - with passport. Maybe not - such a long time ago now.

Just the 4 days till the end of the transfer window, it was interesting to hear Ketts mention that he wants one or two more signings.

Add that to the Vale/Kouassi talk a few days back. I suspect that we'll see some movement happening in the near future albeit these things can collapse very quickly, a striker and a midfielder would be my guess due to Kettlewell newfound obsession with strikers and us being light in the midfield.

8 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Tell him the guy who forgot his passport on the way to Dortmund said hi. He’ll know who you’re talking about. Think you were on that bus too if memory serves me right, just made it to Abington in time - with passport. Maybe not - such a long time ago now.

I seem to recall that actually, mind my memory is clouded by a bottle of vodka in one hand and a bottle of ginger beer in the other.