Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Glasgowwell said:

Have to say the attempt by the United captain to destroy the penalty spot ahead of the spot kick was a disgrace and not befitting of a team captain. I’d like to think someone at the club will have a word with him.

I wonder if he's the first player to have been booked for kicking the pitch.

Just been to the rub-a-dub for a curer or six.

"You left your curry in here last night" I'm told.

(a) I don't remember being in the pub.

(b) I don't remember buying a curry.

Only by supporting Motherwell can those special nights cause such liquid amnesia.

3 hours ago, dezz said:

Not sure if it’s just me rewriting history, but I remember us being the better team that night against Celtic. Losing it like that was a sickener, up there with the worst I’ve felt at after a game. 

We were for about the first 30-35 minutes, we should have been home and dry. For some reason they didn't turn up and we let them off the hook big time.

3 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Is it just me or does the Ox seem to play with a permanent smile on his face?

Even he can’t believe he never got a game ahead of Liam Kelly

On the subject of semi finals and the resilience aspect mentioned by some, it's worth noting that our semi finals are very much like buses - long spells without then two or three come at once. They tend to cluster together reached by what you would loosely call the same team or era, and as far as I can tell (thinking whole plodding laps of a sponsored run this morning!), this pattern basically holds true for the entire post-war era.

The one exception I can think of, ironically enough, is 91.

So while I think we'll be onto plums shortly in this tournament, if we can keep a bit of the core there is reason for hope in the Scottish and the next couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Is it just me or does the Ox seem to play with a permanent smile on his face?

I have had a permanent smile on my face since Kelly moved on and Ox showed why he should have been given an opportunity last season. Dropping Kelly would have meant the end of his Scotland career and since we benefited financially from that not happening I guess it is self explanatory.

I have yet to see a replay of his save before Moult scored but that had possibly as much impact as anything in our win.

Great home (and away) support. Pleasing to see the that the efforts of the Well Society volunteers paid off. You could argue that was possibly 1000 home supporters up on what it might have been. That is a few extra £’s in the club coffers. Well done to them 👏👏.

Been walking around all day with a big grin. Such an enjoyable evening. 

Nice to see in the Instagram angle of Robinsons goal that a Utd fan put all tribal differences aside and offered our player some much needed hydration during his celebration. That kind of stuff gets ignored by the folk who only want to talk our game down.