Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Horrific performance, absolutely no positives. We were well off it and go what we deserved. 

Unless he's picked up another knock or was just knackered from the international week of travelling, I'd question the logic in taking off Stamatelopoulos at half-time. Had absolutely nae service and still managed to create our two best chances of the half, arguably of the match.

I'm usually quite glass half full, but I don't think a single outfield starter can get pass marks, subs made zero impact too. 

Dundee completely marked our midfield out the game. Genuinely amazed Carson didn't get booked for time wasting.

Thought the ref was poor all game tbh, Robinson's shirt was lucky not to be torn off his back.

13 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Unless he's picked up another knock or was just knackered from the international week of travelling, I'd question the logic in taking off Stamatelopoulos at half-time.

He left the pitch and ran straight up the tunnel before half time. 

We finished the 1st half with 10 men and Watt was already getting ready to come on so I assume he’s picked up another injury. 

Just now, Casagolda said:

He left the pitch and ran straight up the tunnel before half time. 

We finished the 1st half with 10 men and Watt was already getting ready to come on so I assume he’s picked up another injury. 

Ffs, I didn't realise that he'd gone right up the tunnel. Hopefully just a wee knock if it's an injury. 

The game was lost in the midfield today, they were out fought by Dundee and never really created anything.

Today isn't the end of the world, it's our first real bad performance in the league so far but to have 13 points after 8 games is still a good start to the season.

That was utter pish. No redeeming qualities from that performance really. Unusually this season, looked defensively shaky and Dundee looked more likely to score again than us scoring. Didn’t think they were up to much either but better than us. Pretty blunt in attack, no sure we created anything of note. Miller looked like he could make something happen given any kind of space but we really struggled to get him in any decent positions. Subs did f**k all. 

Agree that our midfield was the biggest issue today, and we didn't do anything to fix it during the game.  We weren't good anywhere else either, but midfield was the worst.

The ref was piss poor all game, and we should have been wise to that and not play for the niggly fouls.

Our "onslaught" at the end was laughable. They gave us all of the ball and we didn't do a thing with it.

Games like this make you hate football. We knew that the second their goal went in that the time wasting would start, and it did, and the ref more than obliged in supporting their efforts.

Not the end of the world, but we need to pick our levels up big time.

3 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

Why did Haliday need treatment after their goal ? I assume he wasn't fouled otherwise VAR would have disallowed the goal...

One of our players kicked his head (accidentally).

9 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

One of our players kicked his head (accidentally).

Yeah and he was lying there for an age holding his head before the goal went in. The worst of it was that Euan Anderson got the best view of the incident. 

Stama went running off pointing to his midriff. 

I can take getting beat but that game would get football stopped.