Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Lukovic said:

Whoever it was that pointed out Moses' weird running style has made me unable to unsee it now.

Yep, it has ruined football for me, I check other players running styles too now.

Sadly not a bad game to miss. 

Is this where we go on another losing streak. Hope not. 

Truth is we have been winning games narrowly and some a little fortuitously. A day like today was just around the corner. 

I am reading that no one got pass marks. But our midfield is not great. Mainly as we have NO other options. Miller is young and will be inconsistent. That plus he has a lot of travelling past week or so. 

Just Celtic up next no doubt pissed at having drawn to Aberdeen today. Decent result for Aberdeen but stats show Celtic had 32 shots to Aberdeens 8. We will need them to be as wasteful next week to even stand an outside chance 🙏

First game I've been able to get to this season, thought it was an utterly appalling game of football, watching the dressed up ladies in the main stand trying to negotiate the steps in their high heels while pished from hospitality was the only entertainment on show

Beck to pointless hoofball pish. Never seen a team so keen to give up the possession of the ball at every opportunity.

Wilson gives us nothing, always passes the ball backwards never tries to beat his man and not a great defender or in the air, not the only one but he was really poor today.

Where to start with that. First five mins was the bait in the bait and switch which was going to unfold.

We're back to the floaty, clipped crosses and lumped arial balls that were always contested and we always came out second best. We could have had more success with the ball on the deck but evidently decided nope, Dundee's defence is frail, let's have at them. The issue with that is our midfield we're not there to scrap for the 2nd ball.

Ap Stam and Robinson has a few nice touches in the first half, mostly chest cushions and couldn't get the resulting shot away. That was the sum total of our threat and it stopped at halftime. Tavares did have a gilt edged chance and row Z'd it. As already said, I will add my voice to the shout of a game where all five subs had zero impact at all.

Today was a wake up call to play the ball on the deck and put in crosses that instills fear in the defenders.

9 minutes ago, Randolphtops said:

First game I've been able to get to this season, thought it was an utterly appalling game of football, watching the dressed up ladies in the main stand trying to negotiate the steps in their high heels while pished from hospitality was the only entertainment on show

Don't get me started on this, one of the few times I'm glad I'm now deaf.

Sat behind us is what I can only describe as H*n Carphone Warehouse Sales Bro's on jolly. We all know the type, gallus lippy arseholes who talked absolute shite from start to finish. Leaned over and helped themselves to kids sweeties with a "spread the love", then informed us they had £40 on Halliday at 12-1 for first goalscorer as he was a "good lad", then every time he touched the ball the gobbiest one shouted "shoot" .... like .... every time.

The vibe soured when I suggested they'd have had a better chance of putting it on Si Ferry and enquired if they were at Fir Park for the playoff 10 years ago.

I do not care for them and their ilk.

44 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

Wilson gives us nothing, always passes the ball backwards never tries to beat his man and not a great defender or in the air, not the only one but he was really poor today.

In Wilson's defence, by the time the ball made its way out to him, he was almost always left with at least 2 men ahead of him to beat, with none of our players in front to offer support. 

On the couple of occasions he did have space to run he did okay.

Edited by fat_tony

To me Wilson performances improved markedly when he had tawanda right in front of him as it meant he had a passing option.

Without a wide man in front of him he routinely turns back in and plays a pass back.

Re Wilson the passes out to him were painfully slow but he didn’t help himself by sitting so deep. He was getting onto the ball just before the halfway line, he needs to be 20/30 yards further forward to make the back 5/ wingback overload work.

I’m surprised Seddon didn’t get a go during the second half tombola.

Utter shite today, It was summed up perfectly a wee or two ago by @Handsome_Devil how fragile our wins have been and the problems we have.

I genuinely hate squeezing Lennon Miller into an advanced role.  The midfield is absolutely horrible.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I am reading that no one got pass marks. But our midfield is not great. Mainly as we have NO other options. Miller is young and will be inconsistent. That plus he has a lot of travelling past week or so. 

Our young midfield talisman had the exact same travelling and scored a goal today. 100% agree with the inconsistent part but shouldn't have anything to do with the travelling at their ages IMO.