Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Big words from a man with less Motherwell appearances than Stuart Carswell and Josh Law.

He does though have a Scottish Cup Winners medal from his time at Fir Park, something many far better players who have contributed much more to Motherwell FC can boast and for his part in the 1991 Cup run and win, Colin ONeill will always be a Motherwell legend in my eyes.

That article of his though is cringworthy.

10 hours ago, well fan for life said:

O’Neill’s a bigoted fuckwit and no winners medal can deflect away from him being a total moonunit.

They say you should never meet your heroes - in this case, I'll be extending that to not reading their pub bore drivel in the Daily Record.

10 hours ago, well fan for life said:

O’Neill’s a bigoted fuckwit and no winners medal can deflect away from him being a total moonunit.

Let's not forget it was a sympathy medal he got as well.  He should have been nowhere the squad that day due to his injury.  A tremendous club servant in John Philliben didn't get a medal as a result.

On 14/10/2018 at 17:36, MJC said:

He does though have a Scottish Cup Winners medal from his time at Fir Park, something many far better players who have contributed much more to Motherwell FC can boast and for his part in the 1991 Cup run and win, Colin ONeill will always be a Motherwell legend in my eyes.

That article of his though is cringworthy.

And O'Neill of course didn't bottle it when it came to big games against Celtic like the current players did.

Ross County were the only team I think the yoof team don’t have much of a chance against. They would have been very competitive against the rest and County should really win the cup.

Still it’s a great game for the youngsters to test themselves against a decent side.

Fairly certain Cadden is too old for that side now.

Harsh draw, to be fair.  They'd have given any other side a right good game, but a strong Championship side with a decent sized budget should have too much for them. 

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Is there a break clause in Sammon’s loan deal that let’s us punt him back to Hearts in January? 

Or is that just wishful thinking. 

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

I would be amazed if Hearts were that foolish.

It was announced as a season long loan. No mention of a break but then again Invisible Jake Taylor was in a similar boat (he was similarly out of contract at the end of the season too) and he was patched back to Reading in January of that season so presumably it can be done if the two clubs & player come to some sort of an arrangement.

Edit: Reserves 3-1 up against Dunfermline at the moment. Watson, Sammon and Livingstone. Muirhead for Dunfermline.

4-1 now. Sammon gets a double.

5-1. Mbulu...

Edited by capt_oats

On 14/10/2018 at 22:36, well fan for life said:

O’Neill’s a bigoted fuckwit

Some people out there would say the same about Davie Cooper tbh, yet he has a stand at Fir Park named after him. Just saying.

I didnt/don't know either guy but I do know that both were excellent servants to Motherwell FC and played a major part in winning the only major honour that we've ever won in my lifetime and the fact that one or both of them may hold some views that aren't 'politically correct' doesn't dilute that for me. 

Nobody is whiter than white.

Edited by MJC