Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Spartans at home for the Colts with a trip to play Clyde for the winner.  Should really be looking to reach the third round with that draw...

Are the young team not 16 this year?

New rumours surfacing on Steelmen that neither Motherwell nor Davie T are in any panic.  That in fact there are still plenty of suitors down south still actively interested while Celtic who appear to have found a minor issue with the medical and are faffing about. 
I hope this is true but still expect (sadly) for him to sign for Bhoys. 
"rumours"

6 hours ago, CSmith said:

200.gif

It is, and yes the game last night meant nothing, but I’ll admit to being slightly worried about the coming season - we have lost the spine of our team, goalie aside, and in Turnbull and Hastie, the only real attacking options of any note. 

Will wait to see what the new signings are like, but a bit scunnered at losing/ selling our best players. Way too early to have a SO meltdown but hope we don’t suffer in the way Dundee United did when they sold all their best players. 

I pay little attention to friendlies or the results, however looking at the two teams we put out last night it’s fairly clear to see where the problems are and what needs to be addressed.  

We’ve lost Turnbull, Hastie and Gboly who must have had 25 goals/assists between them in the second half of last season. Then add you factor in the likes of Frear, Main, Cadden etc who all played their part and you can see we’re desperately short in the final third in terms of both numbers and quality- with only Long and Hylton added so far.

Personally I’ll wait to see how we get on filling those positions before I start fretting but it’s something I’d prefer us to address sooner rather than later. I’m sure there was meant to be another following on from Long? However it’s all gone fairly quiet on that front while the Turnbull saga rolls on.

Quite frankly, I think the club has to put a stop to that before they do anything. Either it’s on or it’s not, for it to drag on for over two weeks now is absolutely ridiculous. We’ve been more than patient, hope the club call Celtic’s bluff and tell them to either pay up or piss off. 

Robinson courting interest elsewhere isn’t too surprising, it does look a fairly tenuous link at best just now. However, last thing we need is another massive distraction this summer. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

Way too early to have a SO meltdown but hope we don’t suffer in the way Dundee United did when they sold all their best players. 

This is the reference that appears a lot, as if United didn't make about 2 years worth of bad decisions, signed players that didn't exist, replaced one of the best centre-halfs in the league with Gavin fucking Gunning, then panic signed a bunch of guys from Champ Man 01/02 as Stephen Thompson tried to reclaim some of the family silver as the club as a whole tried to tear itself apart from the inside out.

Coupled with the fact that they used a bunch of that money they got to wildly overpay Donaldson, Durnan and Darko Bodul (shoutout everyone up in arms about 'undisclosed fees').

I get that it's a warning sort of thing, but even despite all of that, they probably still should've got out of it. If St Mirren can survive last year, then we'll be fine for the next 12 months at least.