The new stadium factor

glensmad

It hasn't gone unnoticed that both Renfrew and Benburb have got promoted at the first time of asking in their new stadiums. There is clearly a feel-good factor about moving into a new home for a club, we felt the effect with back-to-back league wins in 2009 and 2010 after moving in to our new place in July 2008.

Are there any other examples of this ? What about Petershill, how did they get on in their first season in the new ground ? Did Bellshill get promoted last season in their first season at Rockburn ? I can't quite remember.

Not sure Peter, I did hear that Renfrew hadbeen able to attract a better quality of players this season due to the fact their games were always on, they had a big turnover throughout the season so maybe thats the case?

Didn't really have much effect for us, we had already played one season in the Super Premier and were holders of the West when we moved in. And got soundly thrashed in the first game of our defence of the West IIRC. Don't have all the stats handy as I'm at work, but I'm fairly sure that for quite a few of the seasons we have been there we took more points away from home than we did at home.

Didn't really have much effect for us, we had already played one season in the Super Premier and were holders of the West when we moved in. And got soundly thrashed in the first game of our defence of the West IIRC. Don't have all the stats handy as I'm at work, but I'm fairly sure that for quite a few of the seasons we have been there we took more points away from home than we did at home.

Im sure your right, shocked me at the time as everyone had you down as having an advantage but no....

Jealous? Naw, Lol, have u seen duncansfield lately, bitter, naw, just makin a wee point that u were quick enough to take the cash and that everythin seems to have stalled on the new place, but if u are happy sharing that pitch batter on

It hasn't gone unnoticed that both Renfrew and Benburb have got promoted at the first time of asking in their new stadiums. There is clearly a feel-good factor about moving into a new home for a club, we felt the effect with back-to-back league wins in 2009 and 2010 after moving in to our new place in July 2008.

Are there any other examples of this ? What about Petershill, how did they get on in their first season in the new ground ? Did Bellshill get promoted last season in their first season at Rockburn ? I can't quite remember.

This is Bellshill's first season at Rockburn and they're relegated. Last season they won promotion still using VoC's ground for 'home' matches.

I'm a amateur man.

Not a junior man for a start. So no we.

Duncansfield is a nice pitch and decent ground but rob roy are a bigger club with much more potential only natural considering they are from the bigger town.

You and one or two other kilsyth people on here seem a bit bitter maybe that is strong a word maybe the right way of putting it is having cheap little digs i have read them over the last few months of browsing this web page.

Never used to be the case always seemed to be a bit of mutual respect between the clubs and both wishing the other good luck in years gone by.

Maybe I'm old fashioned.

I made a tongue In cheek remark as u can see with the wee smiley face and tongue out at the end, its called banter, but you take it as you wish

The ground was supposed to start well over a year ago on a new site next to the canal in Kirkintilloch. However, as yet nothing has ever started?? Who knows what's happening?? Maybe the money they had is no more??

Sure there must be a Rob Roy fan on here that could clear things up??

My memory isn't as good as i thought. We finished 7th in our first season in the Super Premier in 06-07 when we were sharing grounds, then finished 3rd in our first season in the new park. Our cup form was poor though.

Archived