How do you teach a martian to play monopoly?

This is one of those theoretical problems where I have to admit I don't know.

What version would you use?

How to explain what a railway is.

Endless complications.

Can you help?

I had to teach my girlfriend how to play Monopoly recently. She is from an ex-Communist country so the entire concept of capitalism was somewhat alien to her and it was very difficult to explain why she couldn't pay for the rent of Vine Street + one house with a turnip and some black bread. On the other hand, she was relieved when she landed on "Go to Jail" and she didn't get sent to the gulags for 10 years hard labour. 

I had to teach my girlfriend how to play Monopoly recently. She is from an ex-Communist country so the entire concept of capitalism was somewhat alien to her and it was very difficult to explain why she couldn't pay for the rent of Vine Street + one house with a turnip and some black bread. On the other hand, she was relieved when she landed on "Go to Jail" and she didn't get sent to the gulags for 10 years hard labour.

Pics and GTF.

I have a few Martian friends, not one of them has expressed any interest in playing Monopoly.

The only lifeforms on Mars would be some sort of shitey wee bacteria, so I find it highly implausible that they will be playing Monopoly any time soon, let alone getting to grips with the intricacies of it.

Did you tell her she could pay you in kind?

As a sweeping generalisation question - why are women so shite at monopoly?

They spend all their money on Mayfair or Park Lane and go bankrupt when they get a bill for water rates.

This is one of those theoretical problems where I have to admit I don't know.

What version would you use?

How to explain what a railway is.

Endless complications.

Can you help?

First of all, you must explain why you think Martians exist, why they would have the ability to play Monopoly and why they would want to.  ;)

If they have the ability to build a spaceship and the technology to maintain life on the vessel through the period of a flight from Mars to Earth I have faith they will have the ability to understand the rules of a childs game.......

But if those wee alien b*****ds think they getting to be the Scottie dog it will be a boot in their Martian pie time.

First of all, you must explain why you think Martians exist, why they would have the ability to play Monopoly and why they would want to.  ;)

I don't need to any of these things first.  There is such a thing as being prepared.

B_Oleg_Videnin_photo_10.jpg

I'd imagine she'd be a bit of hot young stuff for a chap of your advancing years!

She's a bit out of my league but I bet Zen Archer is dead jealous of her cardigan.

Archived