Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worrying signs. Usually the ultimate optimist but we need to stop the rot.

The optimist in me says the only positive is that we aren't losing with 5 draws in our last 6. But at the end of the day, that won't be enough to keep us in the division.

Big game against Dunfermline but they'll be high on confidence after a good win today. Raith may well be dragged into the fight. Long way to go and will go right to the wire. I just hope we can get a proven goalscorer in January although they're hard to come by.

Worrying signs. Usually the ultimate optimist but we need to stop the rot.

The optimist in me says the only positive is that we aren't losing with 5 draws in our last 6. But at the end of the day, that won't be enough to keep us in the division.

Big game against Dunfermline but they'll be high on confidence after a good win today. Raith may well be dragged into the fight. Long way to go and will go right to the wire. I just hope we can get a proven goalscorer in January although they're hard to come by.

We'll go on another run - but it needs to start soon. It's a really streaky league.

The conceding late goals thing is, as has been pointed out, extremely worrying. We need to get back on track for confidence more than anything.

Keep the faith though.

More than a goal every 2 games in the lower leagues in Scotland is a decent record, 66/34

Agreed, but it's a massive jump from the lower leagues to the Championship. He may well sign for us and bang them in but Rory Loy has a proven record with Falkirk at this level and has been pretty decent in the Prem with Dundee.

With our luck though they'll both sign for one of our Championship rivals and relegate us.

This is absolutely our season in a nutshell.

Rory Loy & Andy Little available, Lewis Vaughan at Raith rumoured to be made available for loan. All three would add to the current squad but why would they head to Somerset?

Part time football? Second bottom of the Championship?

We're in need of fresh faces to improve the starting eleven. This time last year, LC stuck his hand in his pocket to subsidise Stevo's return, is he brave enough/motivated enough to do the same this year to ensure our survival in the Championship?

Mikey Donald has regressed every season he's been at Somerset Park.

Initially a gung ho wide player who loved skipping past defenders, he's now low on confidence and looks terrified every time he's got the ball. He has perfected the art of getting his head down and running into the shins of the nearest defender before losing the ball and desperately trying to prevent the counter attack.

A change of scenery needed for young Michael.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

McCall has now said it's unlikely that we'll sign Rory Loy because Premiership teams are after him and he'd rather sign for one of them

Was always unlikely anyway; where has he said that?

Dont really understand why any prem sides would want Loy anyway! 

ETA I genuinely can't see us bringing anyone decent in. We are at the bottom of the line and there is hardly anyone available. 

Was always unlikely anyway; where has he said that?
Dont really understand why any prem sides would want Loy anyway! 
ETA I genuinely can't see us bringing anyone decent in. We are at the bottom of the line and there is hardly anyone available. 

He's been quoted in the Herald saying that.

McCall wanted us to stay part time and it's quite obviously more difficult trying to attract players when you're part time so he can't have it both ways. Having said that there MUST be players available when you see the size of pools that clubs have nowadays.

Something along the lines of when we got Liam and Adam from Blackpool and Jordan from Blackburn must surely be a viable option ? I know the boy we got recently wasn't up to much but you can't just give up. Let's face it, football was destroyed post bosman and the fact that some clubs are permitted to have literally hundreds of players on their books just makes a complete mockery of the rules and regulations and any sort of "fair play" directives.

Archived