Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would never have got a replacement in for Balationi of the same quality so I am glad he is staying, It's strange that we wouldn't take money for a player we only have for another 5 months but I'm not complaining.

Maybe he didn't fancy the move anyway

Yeah no idea what's happened there. It's also worth noting that compared to the start of season our squad has two fewer players - three if Nisbet leaves. There must be money there for a signing or two.

There will be money after O'Connell leaving but I doubt we would have been paying much for Jamie Thomas considering Burnley loaned him out to aid his development.

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

There will be money after O'Connell leaving but I doubt we would have been paying much for Jamie Thomas considering Burnley loaned him out to aid his development.

O'Connell wasn't on very much I'm told.   Made most of his money modelling :wub:

O'Connell wasn't on very much I'm told.   Made most of his money modelling :wub:

I'm gutted he's gone as it's ruined my dream of the club releasing a topless O'Connell calendar.

Still, there's always the prospect of an Adams calendar

We will likely not sign anyone worth it e g. another Nisbet and head back to league one.   

Looking the most likely outcome imo.

Yup, pretty much typical Ayr United. We are two points behind Queens, Dumbarton and Dunfermline. All of whom know they need to strengthen significantly; unfortunately not sure where that leaves us. 

The last time we were in the championship, Cameron didn't invest and we went down, this time we have arguably a better caliber of player and it looks like there is money available but no one to sign.

Its shite being an Ayr fan

Get a grip of yersel's ffs.

I'm not blind to McCall's shortcomings as a manager but his track record over the last two years with regards to bringing players in warrants a little bit of patience here.

I would imagine Loy is still a realistic target, Nisbet will stay if required (McCall has a habit of overreacting in post-match interviews) and that there will be plenty other irons in the fire we don't know about.

Archived