Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Another injury prone striker and to be fair whos scoring record isn't great. Not what we're looking for.

Said this ages ago. Just hope I'm wrong this time

Although McCall has a habit of getting players with past issues into shape and playing well.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

IMG_1483829955.234548.jpg
Only one man for the job.

Saved us from relegation before...

Hopefully we can come up with better than him after 5 1/2 months, this window is 2 weeks shorter than what we had left of the last window post Moore's injury so I'm not holding my breath.

If anyone watches the highlights dont blame any1 who wouldnt want to ......it shows u the chances that could of been goals if we had a striker

Not sure I saw too many to be honest...

We could learn a lot from Dunfermline going forward, however. Quick, one, two-touch stuff and good movement. Our attacking players - Harkins (who has been a massive disappointment over the past two months), Forrest, Nisbet, Cairney etc. have not provided that.

Hopefully Craig Moore and A.N. Other striker can make us more effective going forward but I don't think it's as simple as needing someone to put away chances.

Incidentally, I thought Jamie Adams was atrocious yesterday. Don't think he made a single pass, gave away countless fouls and ultimately didn't do the job he's in the team for. I don't think we can afford to be carrying such an obvious passenger.

We could lose Forrest, Nisbit and Adams and be a better team next sat.

That was garbage yesterday and I can't watch much more without a goal scorer. Still think Harkins is playing well just that theres no one who can read the game as well, he seemed to be not happy where he's being played at the moment.

Is Andy Little the answer? Other than Scottish League 1/2, where's he scored goals? Has he done anything a Beattie or Kyle hasn't done? McCall is wanting a striker who is proven at this level, Little has scored very few goals in England. He also hasn't kicked a ball in a year.

15/16 EL1 5 games 1 goal

14/15 EL1 12 games 1 goal

13/14 SL1 22 games 5 goals 

12/13 SL2 33 games 22 goals 

Can't say I'm buzzing.

Archived