Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sci-fi said:

That'll be your Hearts in for Devlin.

Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin

(Photo: SNS Group)

Hearts boss Ian Cathro is weighing up a move for Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin to replace injured star Callum Paterson, report the Scottish Daily Mail.

The Scotland international has suffered a cruciate knee injury and will be out for most of 2016 as he recovers.

Devlin is highly-rated and the 23-year-old former Dumbarton has earned rave reviews for his showings at Somerset Park this season.

He is one of Ian McCall’s key players as he led his side to promotion from League One last season.

No true afaik. 

I'd be delighted for the boy if he went to a club of Hearts stature, not so much a Motherwell or such like.

Not convinced Cathro will utilise the boys strengths but here's hoping.

Would be a bit of a blow but not disastrous as this season we've not really had players upfront that have the positional sense of a goalscorer to benefit from Nicky' balls in IMO.

McCall has said to the Dunfermline media that he's close to getting someone in, a striker i presume and also that's it's Andy Little. Rory Loy is wanting to go Full-Time to either Morton or Queen of the South from what i've heard.

McCall has said to the Dunfermline media that he's close to getting someone in, a striker i presume and also that's it's Andy Little. Rory Loy is wanting to go Full-Time to either Morton or Queen of the South from what i've heard.

For our sake I hope he goes to Morton. If the teams around us continue to sign players then second bottom is looking likely

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He's said to AU Media that he's lost out on 3 strikers, with one going to a team which already had 4 strikers. He's been offered 10 strikers from i presume premiership clubs or down south for loan which he doesn't want to do since that route has failed with Nisbet.

The reality of the situation is that the bottom 3 teams will be us, Dumbarton and St. Mirren we need to try and finish 8th.

And there it is. 100%. Realistically was always going to be our goal. Thank the lord St Mirren are actually making it seem achievable.

McCall specifically said we're signing Little?

Your post is a bit misleading mate, was getting hot flushes there.

Yeah thought so when I first read it. Wouldn't have been like McCall to say in an interview that we were close to signing a specific guy.

Think what he meant was we're close to signing a striker and Andy Little is the only one that has been linked besides Loy. Would be surprised if it was someone else

Archived