Ayr United, What now 2016/17

12 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I think the fans have shown remarkable patience towards McCall, we've went more than half the season without a striker worth talking about, I can't honestly name another Ayr manager in the last 25 years who'd have been afforded the time McCall has to find and sign the player/players required while still retaining the support of the vast majority of the fanbase, I think that points to a fanbase that knows McCall  might be the right guy for us. 

Knocking back the offer for Balatoni is probably one of the best onfield decisions this club has made in a very long time.

What the f**k did I just read?

the patience of...

saving us from relegation 

getting promoted

not getting total pumped every week...

managers afforded too much time in last 25 years?all of them except burley 

finding the players? Wow

Put the whisky down ayrmad mate

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, young buck said:

the patience of...

getting promoted

finding the players? Wow

What are you saying?

1 hour ago, young buck said:

the patience of...

getting promoted

finding the players? Wow

I think you might be agreeing with each other but one of you doesn't know it yet

2 hours ago, young buck said:

the patience of...

getting promoted

finding the players? Wow

I did put it down, at least I now know where it went.

That'll be your Hearts in for Devlin.

Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin
(Photo: SNS Group)

Hearts boss Ian Cathro is weighing up a move for Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin to replace injured star Callum Paterson, report the Scottish Daily Mail.

The Scotland international has suffered a cruciate knee injury and will be out for most of 2016 as he recovers.

Devlin is highly-rated and the 23-year-old former Dumbarton has earned rave reviews for his showings at Somerset Park this season.

He is one of Ian McCall’s key players as he led his side to promotion from League One last season.

6 minutes ago, sci-fi said:

That'll be your Hearts in for Devlin.

Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin

(Photo: SNS Group)

Hearts boss Ian Cathro is weighing up a move for Ayr United captain Nicky Devlin to replace injured star Callum Paterson, report the Scottish Daily Mail.

The Scotland international has suffered a cruciate knee injury and will be out for most of 2016 as he recovers.

Devlin is highly-rated and the 23-year-old former Dumbarton has earned rave reviews for his showings at Somerset Park this season.

He is one of Ian McCall’s key players as he led his side to promotion from League One last season.

Hopefully not until the end of the season but guess it depends what kind of bid they make. 

We wouldn't get a replacement as good as Devlin thats for sure. 

ETA, assuming we would get compensation if we waited until summer too. 

Looks like they want him now, the piece should say "out for most of 2017".

Impossible for us to replace this season, although don't begrudge him a shot at one of the biggish clubs. Fingers crossed he stays on.

At least we've kept Balatoni.

Reckon he'll give you 81 appearances, scoring 3 times and featuring in one experimental Scotland squad after Strachan's departure before moving on to Partick Thistle after 3 and a half years.

Strengths are undoubtedly mostly on the attacking front although his defending has improved.

If only he could cross a ball he'd be almost as good as, I dunno, Callum Paterson.

6 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Do you think he's good enough to make the step up?

What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Definitely good enough to play in the league above although not sure at the level of where Hearts will be aiming for.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Do you think he's good enough to make the step up?

What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Yeah he's been one of our best players for the past couple of seasons.

He's good going forward and defensively and always gives his all for the team. He's young and talented enough to improve considerably in the future as well, but right now I'd say that he is good enough to make the step up.

Take a look at this run and assist against Hibs 6 minutes and 30 seconds into the video.

3 minutes ago, sci-fi said:

Reckon he'll give you 81 appearances, scoring 3 times and featuring in one experimental Scotland squad after Strachan's departure before moving on to Partick Thistle after 3 and a half years.

Strengths are undoubtedly mostly on the attacking front although his defending has improved.

If only he could cross a ball he'd be almost as good as, I dunno, Callum Paterson.

It has all the hallmarks of when Stevenson went to Hearts. Maybe we can get a couple of Australians in on loan as part of the deal.

Callum Patterson is a pretty woeful defender, certainly don't think Devlin will be any worse in that department.

Obviously not remotely as good a goal scorer :lol:

Has an incredible turn of pace, breezed by Lewis Stevenson earlier in the season to set up our winner. Went by Lee Wallace for fun last season too in the cup. 

I have seen massive improvements in him this season, in terms of defending, I'm sure with full time training he would fit in well at Hearts. 

Archived