Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Painful reading these past few pages with ayrmad's boring "we should've been top half" shite again. Always find it funny when someone has a ridiculous opinion but just sticks blindly to it despite literally every single other person telling them it's nonsense.

I hardly count a handful of posters on here as every single person, there are plenty who feel the same as me about Reids last season, most sane fans have long since given up posting about Ayr on an internet forum. 

I'm just hoping we're not 4 points from safety after 26 games because I don't want to have the ridiculous opinion that we can still stay up.

I hardly count a handful of posters on here as every single person, there are plenty who feel the same as me about Reids last season, most sane fans have long since given up posting about Ayr on an internet forum. 
I'm just hoping we're not 4 points from safety after 26 games because I don't want to have the ridiculous opinion that we can still stay up.

Yip everybody agreed you talk utter nonsense [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

On 13/12/2016 at 13:06, ftk said:

Brian Reid got us to the semis playing defensive football so was quite right to continue with those tactics against better opposition. He was a great manager for Ayr.

On 13/12/2016 at 16:02, ftk said:

Being one of the only 2 part time teams in the league make relegation an almost certainty. 8th would be a fantastic achievement.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

Yip everybody agreed you talk utter nonsense emoji25.pngemoji25.pngemoji25.png

Stellar contributions.

What's happened to Murphy?  Not being listed as injured and not even showing up on the bench.  For me he still has a lot to offer.  Meggatt doesn't convince at centre half and McKenna just doesn't look that great either.

Meggatt has played most of his football at left back so why play him in centre defence ? Desperately need striker. Forrest just too lightweight and cant put himself about . January window could be massive as Balatoni will go if he offered more money elsewhere . Crawford beginning to show potential Doc not fully back yet , Adams a liability Don't think we are too far away from being able to stay up but going to be tough in this league. 

13 minutes ago, JUNIORFAN said:

Meggatt has played most of his football at left back so why play him in centre defence ? Desperately need striker. Forrest just too lightweight and cant put himself about . January window could be massive as Balatoni will go if he offered more money elsewhere . Crawford beginning to show potential Doc not fully back yet , Adams a liability Don't think we are too far away from being able to stay up but going to be tough in this league. 

Balatoni is contracted till the end of the season. 

Why cant we do as Hibs did and sign an emergency loan?  We are desperate

I think you can only get an emergency loan if your team is hit by injuries. Hibs have got a few midfielders out just now hence why Commons was brought it. Same goes for Stevo last season.

3 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I think you can only get an emergency loan if your team is hit by injuries. Hibs have got a few midfielders out just now hence why Commons was brought it. Same goes for Stevo last season.

I'm pretty sure you can get a player on emergency loan any time you like, regardless of the state of your squad.  It just means they can only stay at your club for a short period of time (I have 93 days in my head but that could be made up), rather than the usual half season/full season loan.

Archived