Ayr United, What now 2016/17

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've only seen Ayr once this year and I think you're being a dick.

HTH.

You're a bit misguided if you think I give the slightest whiff of a shite what you or anyone else thinks.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as someone said, it's hardly as if the manager / chairman whoever decided a striker wasn't something we needed and just ignored it - by all accounts in the summer were were keen on Sutton, Preston, McManus, Dobbie off the top of my head, all went elsewhere. We then signed Moore, Thomas and Nisbet on loan, and O'Connell on a free.

Nisbet seems to have done Ok but is raw, nobody could really have imagined Moore would last 10 mins or something then miss 6 months, and Thomas as a young lad from an English premiership team definitely seemed promising at the time but sadly didn't work out.

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

as someone said, it's hardly as if the manager / chairman whoever decided a striker wasn't something we needed and just ignored it - by all accounts in the summer were were keen on Sutton, Preston, McManus, Dobbie off the top of my head, all went elsewhere. We then signed Moore, Thomas and Nisbet on loan, and O'Connell on a free.

Nisbet seems to have done Ok but is raw, nobody could really have imagined Moore would last 10 mins or something then miss 6 months, and Thomas as a young lad from an English premiership team definitely seemed promising at the time but sadly didn't work out.

I'm not talking about the summer, it's was glaringly obvious that we were heading back to League 1 before we signed Harkins & Balatoni, since then it has been obvious that if we go with what we have we'll be crossing our fingers about relegation 'til the end of the season, personally I think we'd be comfortable if we signed a decent striker and a n other decent player.

It's nowt to do with me but IMHO McCall and Co appear to be taking a huge gamble, if it works fine, if it doesn't it'll be a long way back for him.

You're the one that feels able to comment on something you haven't seen, you've watched Balatoni in 1 out of 12 league games,it had nowt to do with who's a better fan as you well know, when I don't go to a game I tend not to comment on the overall game as I don't actually know anything about said game, you appear to be different, that's dickish behaviour in my world.

As for this season, I've not spoken to one fan in person that doesn't think we need a striker so I'm not exactly moved by anything anonymous posters post on here.

Sorry folks, I can't let this slide.

When did I pass comment on a player having not seen them play?

I simply said I've seen the two centre halves for the first time and was impressed by both. That's literally all I said on the matter.

Never in my life have I commented on a performance I didn't see. I may add something based on the highlights but I know full well that doesn't give a full account.

As for the other point, everyone knows we need a better striker. No-one is disagreeing with that. You're creating arguments out of nowhere.

35 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not talking about the summer, it's was glaringly obvious that we were heading back to League 1 before we signed Harkins & Balatoni, since then it has been obvious that if we go with what we have we'll be crossing our fingers about relegation 'til the end of the season, personally I think we'd be comfortable if we signed a decent striker and a n other decent player.

It's nowt to do with me but IMHO McCall and Co appear to be taking a huge gamble, if it works fine, if it doesn't it'll be a long way back for him.

There are plenty of decent strikers and decent other players cutting about with no club in the middle of December right enough. Hanging is too good for McCall.

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Sorry folks, I can't let this slide.

When did I pass comment on a player having not seen them play?

I simply said I've seen the two centre halves for the first time and was impressed by both. That's literally all I said on the matter.

Never in my life have I commented on a performance I didn't see. I may add something based on the highlights but I know full well that doesn't give a full account.

As for the other point, everyone knows we need a better striker. No-one is disagreeing with that. You're creating arguments out of nowhere.

There's my 1st post on the subject below, that's not creating arguments out of nowhere, that's an observation based on fact, they have had an easy ride and Reid was ripped to shreds continually for not signing players quick enough. 

When others attack then eventually post "we all know we need a striker" etc etc etc, it's them creating arguments not myself, IMHO they're basically saying don't post anything negative about the manager as he might piss off.

On 11/12/2016 at 23:56, ayrmad said:

I'm just surprised that McCall and the board are getting such an easy ride, Reid would be getting absolutely slaughtered by now if he still hadn't dug up a striker.

4 hours ago, ayrmad said:

When everyone disagreed with me about us being able to finish in the top 5 the last time if we'd shown more balls against the bottom sides I didn't pretend they were all wrong, I accepted that they had chosen to forget how that season actually played out.

If you're so in the right, why don't you tell us all how that season actually played out and why it's of any relevance to a different manager five seasons later?

17 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If you're so in the right, why don't you tell us all how that season actually played out and why it's of any relevance to a different manager five seasons later?

Posted plenty about it and it's of relevance to me as I'm not a different fan five years later.

22 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Posted plenty about it and it's of relevance to me as I'm not a different fan five years later.

Well done on answering almost nothing, can I assume that you've just chosen to forget as well?

Just read the AP and McCall said that we should be prepared to lose 1 or 2 key players at the end of the season. Going by his other comments he's talking about Devlin and Docherty. Also Andy Little is being linked with us.

Away days: on the road to Ayr United with Hibs fans

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/14/away-days-photo-essay-scottish-football-ayr-hibs?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Interesting article relating to us in the Guardian of all places. Quite a few comments relating to ayr as well. (Even if we did lose)

Just read the AP and McCall said that we should be prepared to lose 1 or 2 key players at the end of the season. Going by his other comments he's talking about Devlin and Docherty. Also Andy Little is being linked with us.

If Devlin keeps up his form he will be playing in the premier next season without doubt. Not sure about anyone else tbh.

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

For me Docherty hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was last year.

Don't really agree to be honest. Doesn't stand out as much but ultimately that's not his job. Keeps possession well and breaks up play. Was excellent on Saturday. 

In terms of losing two key players; the two I would hate to lose would be Devlin and Balatoni. If Devlin keeps going the way he is, then himself and Balatoni should be up a level. 

Archived