BBC Bias

GiGi

I liked BBC radio when Chick Young was going all outrage at the Hibs fans, breaking the goals and everything, only to be asked We're you on the pitch at Wembley?'

Folks need to remember the BBC is on the Rangers list, so they can't possibly be anti-rangers.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flares sectarian singing not mentioned rangers fans also invade Park. Wasn't to long ago it was rangers players attacking players on the park. Usual shite couple of players got a clip round the ear end of story.

Eh?

the list could go on with the amount of shame the animals cause week in week out. And BBC ignore it.

I think the admirable Ben was trying to wade his way through you excursion in English, chappy.  It's always a delight when you diddies get on your high horse and fling words up in the air and assemble then when they land.

What hurts more thousands calling you a sad F B or a kick on the leg at the end of the day.

Classic Rangers fan, something worse is happening in the world so what we do is nothing really.

Sectarian singing shouldnt just be ignored because something worse happened, it should still be brought up

I think the admirable Ben was trying to wade his way through you excursion in English, chappy. It's always a delight when you diddies get on your high horse and fling words up in the air and assemble then when they land.

Good luck to him it's been a heavy day of sport and alcohol. Especially when hibs smashed that 3rd one away.

Eh?

I think he may be saying that some people are refraining from mentioning the fact that bears set off smokebombs (oops trouble from SFA), sang sectarian songs ( oops trouble from SFA), invaded a football pitch (oops trouble from SFA). And then he is reminding people that, a year ago, a Rangers player punched an opposition player in the face, on the pitch.He may then be suggesting that 'the moral high ground' being taken by Rangers is not quite the direction they should take.This kinda leads to ''but look what they did, they are worser' is not really a defence.(apologies to paisleysaints, I have assumed you are male).

It's pretty disgraceful that reporting and the SFA statement in relation to it all has typically failed to acknowledge

1. Sectarian singing and use of flares. At all. In clear violation of the terms of entry and SFA rules and policies.

2. Rangers fans, let's remember, still easily HUNDREDS of them, began to invade the pitch well before just about any Hibs fans had even made it into the "Rangers half". It wasn't a response, restrained or otherwise to "severe provocation".

3. There was evidence and allegations of physical violence by *both* sets of fans, including footage of a Rangers fan literally trying to do some BDSM routine to the rear end of a police horse.

Why then, is all the coverage about the "disgraceful acts of Hibs fans" and not an even handed account that acknowledged the behaviour of the Rangers fans, though less in number on the pitch and none it appears in a position to have come into contact with any players or playing staff, was still absolutely reprehensible?

The single most annoying thing about the Hibs fans conduct today is that it has given the Police, SFA and media alike the perfect excuse to make the conduct of the zero-times major cup winners' fans a wash, something easily swept under the carpet from the perspective of beyond football as "just football fans behaving like thugs".

Annoying and unfair as it is, the rest of us have to be whiter than white if we are to put effective pressure on the SFA and SPFL to take this shit seriously. Otherwise they'll just keep using the excuse of outsourcing it to a public order and criminal justice policing matter instead of a problem with clubs not only making zero effort to control their fans and get them to behave like functioning human beings but, in Rangers' case, allowing and helping them to applaud and excuse their fans' behaviour under a siege mentality.

I think he maI think he may be saying that some people are refraining from mentioning the fact that bears set off smokebombs (oops trouble from SFA), sang sectarian songs ( oops trouble from SFA), invaded a football pitch (oops trouble from SFA). And then he is reminding people that, a year ago, a Rangers player punched an opposition player in the face, on the pitch.He may then be suggesting that 'the moral high ground' being taken by Rangers is not quite the direction they should take.This kinda leads to ''but look what they did, they are worser' is not really a defence.(apologies to paisleysaints, I have assumed you are male).

What he said lol. Week in week out these same fans poison the air with sectarian chants. Which is never reported. But today it's poor rangers.

Annoying and unfair as it is, the rest of us have to be whiter than white if we are to put effective pressure on the SFA and SPFL

I know you're trying to take the moral high ground here, chappy but this isn't the language I'd use.

So it's ok for supporters to invade the pitch and assault opposition players?

The players and staff who decided to join The Rangers of their own free will should be well aware of the vile institution they are representing and accept the consequences of their decisions. There would have been no on-field trouble had any other Scottish team been in the final facing Hibs.

Classic Rangers fan, something worse is happening in the world so what we do is nothing really.

Sectarian singing shouldnt just be ignored because something worse happened, it should still be brought up

I think you missed my point. Both are just as bad. I

Archived