BBC Bias

GiGi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another shocking report on Reporting Scotland tonight. No mention of any Rangers fans doing anything wrong.

I thought the Reporting Scotland piece was really weird.

It kept referring to "violence" but only really showed violent footage from 1980.

The timeline bit mentioned how quickly Hibs fans were able to attack Rangers players and rival fans, thus implying that any Rangers fans involved in violent scenes were innocent victims.

I think the BBC is now displaying some cowardice in its portrayal of Rangers related matters.

Probably because in the grand scheme of things people launching physical assaults and instigating a near riot is far more damaging and serious than people singing a song?

The song is illegal and the club should be charged. I believe Sky Sports apologised for the nature of the songs during their broadcast. The beeb did not. 

Anyway you're comparing apples with oranges ( :) ) because my point is that even before the mostly good natured pitch invasion the BBC commentary team made no mention of songs even the reasonable Rangers fans on here want left behind. 

But aye your particular biases are very clear.

What do you mean "now"? This isn't a new thing. The BBC has always had it's pro sectarian, pro royalist, pro far right, pro britnat agenda. They are absolutely bealing about this result.

That's as extreme and daft a view of them as that offered by the "Bigoted Biased Corrupt" brigade.

Is it? Care to prove otherwise? It's no coincidence that they're siding with this lot. No coincidence at all.

They're feart. That's all.

The BBC are hardly far-right and certainly nowhere near sectarian. They represent the establishment and shite themselves when faced with angry old firm fans.

Is it? Care to prove otherwise? It's no coincidence that they're siding with this lot. No coincidence at all.

When you make stern accusations like that the onus is you to prove and not others to disprove.  :smartass

It's always good to be reminded that Bobby Sands is dead too.  I always forget, then remember again every time i watch Rangers.

The bbc are pro Rangers.

Cosgrove, dick Gordon n the guys will love that yin.

They're not tbf.!

They're just shit scared to say anything that will upset the absolute morons that support The Rangers 2012 for fear of their own jobs and safety.

From what I can gather from the Daily Record, all of them, including the ones who were in the hoose watching on telly.

Good. Rather none were spared.

Does it have a count on how many Davie Weir had by the throat?

The BBC commentary was a joke all day. (I had to atch it on TV as I wasn't able to attend due to being a bit unwell, had an op yesterday and now recovering, thanks for asking)

With 15 minutes to go they were talking about The Rangers doing the treble and how they would fare in Europe next season.

My one and only comment on the events of the day are:

Any fan from either side who was involved in any violence (actual or attempted and including throwing broken seats ) with anyone (opposing player, opposing fan, own player, own fan, security, police person, police horse) should face a lifetime ban from all football activities.

Any fan from either side who conducted themselves in away to inflict damage to any property in hampden ( breaking seats, breaking crossbars, breaking nets, digging up the pitch, letting off flares/smoke bombs/fireworks) should be criminally prosecuted appropriately.

Any journalist who reported events as factual at the time who have subsequently found to have their pants on fire, should be struck off the journalist register (if that exists) or as a minimum, be barred from any major sporting event ever again.

Feel much better now having got that off my chest

Ach, I've had this argument with the media since the seventies. The BBC is controlled from London, and as far as they are concerned, Scotland consists of Glasgow and thats it. Inverness and Ulan Bator are the same place. For god's sake, they don't even know the difference between Dundee and Dundee United! (check the club badge in the background on more than one occasion) As far as the lesser clubs in Scotland are concerned, they simply do not exist. However, we get great attention given to Little Puddleham against Little Whinging in the FA cup. We pay the same license fee and get peed on. Fact of life.

So the general message is "Nothing we did should matter cause what they did was worse" from the Rangers camp?

Are they forgetting that you have to have evidence for these sorts of thing? All they have is a lone nutter attacking wallace, very much an isolated incident and scuffles between roughly equal numbers of Hibs and Rangers fans.

Both teams are as bad as each other, the pitch invasion isn't really an issue in itself, but it should carry an obligatory fine, it is essentially the supporters version of accepting a yellow for taking your shirt off while celebrating a goal.

Speaking of isolated incidents, which do Rangers fans think is a more serious offense, the guy trying to hit Wallace or the guy trying to kidnap a child?

Archived