Acceptable for a ref to tell a player to 'shut the f*** up'?

knightwelsh78

Perfectly acceptable and I want more of it.

If people can dish it out then take some back . Quite simple really .

If players dish it out they get sent off (sometimes).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If players dish it out they get sent off (sometimes).

Never seen a player get sent off just for saying "f*** sake ref" or similar, don't have a problem with a ref responding with similar as long as it's not abusive too. "shut the f*** up ya p****" might be a bit far though.

:-D

I really have to laugh here. Referees get hammered from pillar to post because they flash a yellow card at a player for the verbals. We have a Referee who seems to have used a bit of common sense approach (how it used to be) and some folk want action took against him. Give me strength lol

Kilwinning fans/manager are never happy. Its always the refs fault. Wasn't there fault earlier in the season. Fact is when its came to the buisness end of the season they have blew it. Stop blaming everyone or in this case the officials and get your own house in order.

Glenafton v Kilbirnie. Glenafton player gets penalised for incorrect throw in. 5mins later he's standing waiting to take a free kick shouting at the ref for not getting the wall under control quick enough. Ref says you've got a cheek you cannae take a f**king throw in right. :)

They are not supposed to do it and he would get marked down if observed. However, we can all sympathise and it would be petty to make a big deal about it.

:thumbsdown

Not acceptable, other way round it's a straight red card, ah know we're big boys noo, but not enough red cards for foul, abusive or offensive language, and that goes right to the very top, no prizes for guessing Mr Wayne Rooney's choice of vocabulary! The other side of this comment is, where is the respect? Works both ways ...................

Not acceptable in my opinion.

If the player responded in kind you would have a slanging match instead of a football match.

you are obviously having a laugh, the abuse refs take, especially from you lot and you come on here and condemn it, lol the guy has got a job to do typical

If the ref had been handing out cards for players talking to him like that then I'd say he can't talk to them like that. If however they've spoken to him in that manner and he's not booked them for it, then I don't have an issue with it.

Having witnessed the pressure that was put upon this referee today I would understand his reaction. Was he within his rights to make that comment. No. If he felt that way, he should have just shown a card.

^_^

You were there big chap, great comment

If the ref had been handing out cards for players talking to him like that then I'd say he can't talk to them like that. If however they've spoken to him in that manner and he's not booked them for it, then I don't have an issue with it.

Another good comment. What do you think John-nae Cash

Whit??

Look, refs deserve all the respect, they do a thankless job and I admire them for it. They have to make decisions on the spot and sometimes can't see due to obstacles in front of them. It's a thankless job.

What I'm saying is that it's not acceptable for a person who is supposed to be keeping order lowering himself to the standard of nappy wearing players etc.

I take it you mean Talbot fans when you state " especially from you lot".

It might seem that way because as Isa will testify we always have far more at games than you lot.

who mentioned Talbot fans ya paranoid wreck, you all stand there and give the ref pelters and think it's ok and then the ref gives a bit back and it's not?? A could say so much more

Another good comment. What do you think John-nae Cash

^_^

Yer putting me on the spot big yin, but if he's accepted it, he's forgotten the rule book i.e. SFA 17 laws, not many but always seem hard to apply/understand. If you pitch at the players level, then you make your own problems.

It wouldn't work in Scotland, but in baseball it's expected managers will "get their moneys worth"- i.e. have a screaming row with the ref- every time someone is sent off, and I do like that idea.

As a former player and now manager . Lets not hang this guy out to dry. I've always made my opinion known to officials trying not to cross the line however i must admit I've crossed that line a few times. These guys take a lot of stick trying there best to ref our games they don't always get it right but they try there best. I remember my professional debut i said to a certain ref ur having a f###### mare his response was ano but at least I've no been as bad as u uv been fuckin useless. At that moment i appreciated he totally defused my anger. I wish more refs were like this. In the football world it s the way we talk so WHY the big one when the ref hits back with a one liner rather than a red andhalf a dozen yellows and stop game for 10 mins. It happens move on

Archived