Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

2 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

A fit, prepared Fury would box rings round Joshua on last night's evidence. Thought the stoppage was right in that Takam had taken some clean shots and was likely going to take more, but wasn't particularly impressed at all with AJ.

Dillian Whyte is a plodding bum who should be nowhere near a world title fight.

The problem is the division is full of bums.

Agree about Fury, his biggest strength is AJ's biggest weakness, AJ wouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes against Bruno never mind the likes of Tyson, I hope to f**k Dubois can step up and prove to be a proper world heavyweight champion, the division badly needs it.

The problem is the division is full of bums.
Agree about Fury, his biggest strength is AJ's biggest weakness, AJ wouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes against Bruno never mind the likes of Tyson, I hope to f**k Dubois can step up and prove to be a proper world heavyweight champion, the division badly needs it.

Against Bruno? Really?

9 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

A fit, prepared Fury would box rings round Joshua on last night's evidence. Thought the stoppage was right in that Takam had taken some clean shots and was likely going to take more, but wasn't particularly impressed at all with AJ.

Dillian Whyte is a plodding bum who should be nowhere near a world title fight.

Absolutely this. A fit Fury plays with AJ for 12 rounds and wins a wide decision.

4 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Against Bruno? Really?

Yes.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

He obviously cant remember Jumbo Cummings or Bonecrusher Smith?

I can remember both, I can also remember him troubling Tyson briefly as well as Lewis the most powerful jabber I've ever watched.

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

There was highlights of that fight?!

Set to some totally inappropriate, high energy music on YouTube. I was sparring for the first time in ages yesterday and seeing Whyte has cheered me up and made me think I'm not that rusty and slow after all. 

Set to some totally inappropriate, high energy music on YouTube. I was sparring for the first time in ages yesterday and seeing Whyte has cheered me up and made me think I'm not that rusty and slow after all. 

At least irony isn’t lost completely.
I’m glad someone got something positive out of that fight existing.

Just now, NJ2 said:

At least irony isn’t lost completely.
I’m glad someone got something positive out of that fight existing.

Loved Whyte's commitment to finishing his combinations even if his opponent had long since stepped away and was at the other side of the ring. 

Loved Whyte's commitment to finishing his combinations even if his opponent had long since stepped away and was at the other side of the ring. 

How many other fighters can pirouette their way to a win?

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Where were you sparring Shandon? Given myself 2 weeks to get fitness back to pre holiday and going back to Leith Vic. 

Enjoyed the Joshua fight. Takams a decent opponent anytime let alone with 12 days to go. Early stoppage but he was never going to win. Real shame Furys lost his head that'd been an intriguing match up. Joshua's faults are still there but if they weren't he might not be so destructive and he's the best in the division by a long way imo. 

Whytes rightly copping abuse here don't think anyone's mentioned Yafai swinging at thin air all fight, looked like he was going to fall over a couple of times. Think he'll be kept clear of the top 5 at 115 for the time being. 

9 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Where were you sparring Shandon? Given myself 2 weeks to get fitness back to pre holiday and going back to Leith Vic. 

Enjoyed the Joshua fight. Takams a decent opponent anytime let alone with 12 days to go. Early stoppage but he was never going to win. Real shame Furys lost his head that'd been an intriguing match up. Joshua's faults are still there but if they weren't he might not be so destructive and he's the best in the division by a long way imo. 

Whytes rightly copping abuse here don't think anyone's mentioned Yafai swinging at thin air all fight, looked like he was going to fall over a couple of times. Think he'll be kept clear of the top 5 at 115 for the time being. 

Holyrood - it's a pain for me to get to but worth the journey. Use the bags all the time at Xercise for less and getting back into the habit of getting along to Holyrood 2 or 3 times a week. A few good belts to the face is good for reminding you to move the head anyway. Enjoy the hols - 2 weeks of hard work/eat well then enjoy yourself. 

AJ does get caught a bit flat footed at times when Takam got in close with quick flurries but Takam didn't look to have the power to really trouble him. You have to factor that in when picking faults with AJ - he was boxing in a style to beat Takam. You could see a good camaraderie between them and it was a decent spectacle even though the result wasn't in doubt. 

17 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Been back from holiday for 3 weeks now. :lol:Enjoyed a bit of post holiday jakieness and just back training properly end of last week. 

Sorry - had a sore head yesterday and grasping basic English was clearly too much for me.