Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I know a bit more than you would probably imagine on the situation but I have learned my lesson from past experience and I will keep it to myself .

But if that's the case, then the evidence surely isn't lacking – it's just disputable. Otherwise you're suggesting that there is evidence, but that it points to nothing serious.

Edited by Mr Heliums

Rangers should be watching their backs according to Tommy Wright - STV

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1384999-rangers-should-be-watching-their-back-says-tommy-wright/?utm_content=buffer68c9f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Fairly sensational headline as the quotes are no more than you would expect 

"I think it will be difficult but if I'm saying five points isn't a gap that we can relax with, six isn't a gap that you can relax with either. We've still got to play Rangers as well.

"But the important thing is to secure fourth place. If we can close the gap on Rangers it will be tremendous but ultimately fourth place will be another great achievement for us."

Think the club have handled this well from start to end. Early announcement, quick process and firm punishment without going overboard.

Much improved on how I imagine how it would have been handled a few years ago.

Worth noting a portion of the fines will go to subsidising bus travel to away games - good on the club

I drove to Hamilton, I believe it's only fair Danny Swanson pays my petrol money!

35 minutes ago, deej said:

Worth noting a portion of the fines will go to subsidising bus travel to away games - good on the club

Reported as being at the players request. Good move by the club, you've got to say St Johnstone have handled it all very well.

The statements are fine but I'd have liked to see an apology from the players on the website on Sunday or Monday and also a bit more clarity that the rest of the fine won't go into the players' kitty for a night out, i.e. what will it go towards?

Glad we can draw a line under the whole affair now, although I agree with Radford's post. It would be nice to see apologies from the players individually and to hear where the fine money is going. If it's going into the player fund, the xmas night out will be mental this year.

We can get on with trying to catch Rangers/consolidate 4th.

Edited by Kyle

7 hours ago, Zone F said:

How do they decide the post split fixtures or is it just random??

Top six - give celtic and rangers 18/18 and then arrange/inconvenience the others around those two.

Bottom six - don't think they care much, so whatever (unless celtic or rangers were to be involved).

How do they decide the post split fixtures or is it just random??

Do you mean dates or who's at home/away?

They'll always try and give every side 19/19. Unofficial Twitter reckons we'll have Rangers, Hearts and Thistle at McDiarmid.

Old Firm date has already been announced, and Hearts requested their home games be played first. So I'd suggest a home game against Hearts has a high chance of being our final game.