Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

They could sign Moh and May and fans would still turn as we aren't giving the youth a chance.

No need to sign either as Craig Thomson is the new Messiah remember.

13 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Adam Barton + Niall Keown. Yes,very worthwhile

Considering Keown has only just signed how can he be classed as a worthwhile player to pay money for? I know he played on loan for Thistle last season, but that's no guarantee.

Probably the best example recently has been Motherwell's signing of Marvin Johnson and Jackson Irvine for Ross County from Celtic a couple of years back. County signed Jason Naismith from St Mirren in January and paid some cash didn't they. Anything other than free transfers are very few and far between.

27 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Considering Keown has only just signed how can he be classed as a worthwhile player to pay money for? I know he played on loan for Thistle last season, but that's no guarantee.

6 months is a pretty good indicator ;)

6 months is a pretty good indicator [emoji6]

It's actually not. Graham Cummins was an incredible striker for his first six months here, but has been fairly shite for the next 18.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's actually not. Graham Cummins was an incredible striker for his first six months here, but has been fairly shite for the next 18.

That's cause TW coached all the football out of him :whistle

4 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

27ef8f5a97ff01e144aefe2f627d82f1.jpg
Saw this on twitter earlier. It's the 82/83 First Division winning team. Alex Rennies suit is utter class!!

I actually have that photo in a frame somewhere. Rennie had a few great suits and it's probably that team that gave me the St Johnstone bug.

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I actually have that photo in a frame somewhere. Rennie had a few great suits and it's probably that team that gave me the St Johnstone bug.

Didn't have you down as being that old, Thomas. Should probably move out of that treehouse given your ramshackle knees. 

57 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I actually don't think that would be the case if I'm honest.

Some fans were happy we lost Swanson because it meant Thomson would get a chance, as Swanson was lazy whereas Thomson has pace and "would give 100%". I'd bet there'd be a couple of folk on WAP who'd complain if we signed MOH purely because they think Thomsons better.