Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He's younger than Kane, fwiw. I don't particularly think he's a starting player, but you definitely need three competent strikers if youre wanting to play with two up front. 

Still doesn't make him good enough. The boy's a carthorse and we should be looking for better.

TW confirms Paton was released before the deadline so he could get another club, stating that Paton wasn't getting a new contract, that one needed to go out to get players in, and that the squad "must evolve" 

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TW confirms Paton was released before the deadline so he could get another club, stating that Paton wasn't getting a new contract, that one needed to go out to get players in, and that the squad "must evolve" 

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I completely get that move, even if it was a big surprise at the time. We had a surplus of centre midfielders, and when you go through the qualities each brings, Paton possibly doesn't match up. In terms of a ball winner, Murray is better, keeping possession and making us play, Millar. Assists, Liam Craig, Age/ potential - McLean.

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I completely get that move, even if it was a big surprise at the time. We had a surplus of centre midfielders, and when you go through the qualities each brings, Paton possibly doesn't match up. In terms of a ball winner, Murray is better, keeping possession and making us play, Millar. Assists, Liam Craig, Age/ potential - McLean.

But then why was he signed in the first place? I've never quite understood that. Millar and Davidson were even better 18 months ago.

26 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

But then why was he signed in the first place? I've never quite understood that. Millar and Davidson were even better 18 months ago.

Because 18 months ago Millar was struggling to complete 30 minutes? 

I think TW saw Paton as a perfect back up/replacement for both, as he looked like he shared attributes to both. As it turned out he was a downgrade on both, and was never going to be an adequate starter. I'm glad TW has noticed that. 

If you were at the game and are coming away with a worse mindset then that’s worrying. We were much better than recently and will pick up points playing like that no bother.

Kane did well, Tanser unlucky not to score. Almost a wonder goal from Kaneo as well. Berra just spends 90 minutes fouling. I like the 3 at the back.

Goal was criminal. from kick off we just punted possesion away. Foster got caught out, luckily dropped in the box for them. 

3 at the back worked again though. 

Jonathan Franks has signed a deal until the end of the season

Spoiler

with Wrexham. The signing interview suggests we wanted to extend his trial but he decided to sign on permanently there.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hide contents

with Wrexham. The signing interview suggests we wanted to extend his trial but he decided to sign on permanently there.

Thank f**k. 

Has the Welsh wizard been at Saints this week or is he coming next week?

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Thank f**k. 

Has the Welsh wizard been at Saints this week or is he coming next week?

Williams? BBC says he'll start training "later this week"

Spoiler with Wrexham. The signing interview suggests we wanted to extend his trial but he decided to sign on permanently there.

Do we therefore assume he was the free agent referenced once the window shut? (Apologies if it has been confirmed elsewhere as I hadn't picked it up if so).

If not, all mention of another has been swiftly moved on from eh? Not that I'm for signing someone for sake of it.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:08, Dick Van Dyke said:

Was up for tickets yesterday and I was sat in the Car looking at the cars parked up at the ground, some of the personnel numbers obviously gave away who's car it was however there was a blacked out  Porsche Cayenne parked up, Got thinking who's car that was then ? at Saints!  

2 minutes ago, Center half said:

Was up for tickets yesterday and I was sat in the Car looking at the cars parked up at the ground, some of the personnel numbers obviously gave away who's car it was however there was a blacked out  Porsche Cayenne parked up, Got thinking who's car that was then ? at Saints!  

That could've been me. I was up for tickets.

4 minutes ago, Center half said:

Young Willock probably. It'll be too cheap to park with the other player's cars when he's back at United though.