Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

There will be players getting released this week. Think that's what Tommys hoping will happen to MOH. 

Surely won't happen. Even if he's not wanted at Rangers, he has a value on the market, which Rangers must have recognised by refusing to release him on loan. I can't see why they'd rip up his contract the next week.

Edited by Mr Heliums

43 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

There will be players getting released this week. Think that's what Tommys hoping will happen to MOH. 

We couldn't play them. Players can only sign elsewhere if they get released during a window. MOH could  be released tomorrow, sign for us, and we couldn't register him until the Summer. 

It's why we released Paton yesterday. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's why we released Paton yesterday. 

That helps explain it. In the absence of other explanations about his departure I'd assumed he must have another team lined up, but this makes some sense at least.

9 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Released due to financial reasons it would seem then. How exactly does that work? We pay half of his wage over the next 6 months with the incentive for Paton that he might get another club with an additional wage?

Assume he's had interest from elsewhere, or there'd be no reason for him to leave. 

He's so confirmed there's a potential free signing. Cannot wait for three weeks of folk constantly suggesting Stokes, despite it never ever being a viable signing. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

Which is fine, plus we are gaining Kane and Kerr. Kane is bound to be utilised, Kerr? hmm, probably not so much.

It definitely could've been better, and could've been worse. Have an inkling we only moved for these young lads after that Thistle debacle finally broke TWs trust in "experience".

I suspect we will get the huge turnaround in players this Summer, not convinced he thought it was necessary this month until late on, whereas he'll now be planning for it this Summer. Type of situation that can remotivate managers. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It definitely could've been better, and could've been worse. Have an inkling we only moved for these young lads after that Thistle debacle finally broke TWs trust in "experience".

I suspect we will get the huge turnaround in players this Summer, not convinced he thought it was necessary this month until late on, whereas he'll now be planning for it this Summer. Type of situation that can remotivate managers. 

Totally. The next few months will be interesting. If it goes well Tommy may slip back into relying on the older heads. If it doesn't, expect  County levels of ins and outs. The squad needs freshened not cleared imo.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Totally. The next few months will be interesting. If it goes well Tommy may slip back into relying on the older heads. If it doesn't, expect  County levels of ins and outs. The squad needs freshened not cleared imo.

Definitely think we'll see Mannus, Millar and MacLean away this Summer. Have a feeling Foster will be gone if Comrie steps up. Hugh chance of Alston leaving too. 

Reckon we'll see Johnstone kept on. No idea about the chances of the two loanees staying longer, or if we'll even want them. 

Predicting there to be about seven or eight new players this Summer. At least one full back, a couple of wingers, a CM, and a striker. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Definitely think we'll see Mannus, Millar and MacLean away this Summer. Have a feeling Foster will be gone if Comrie steps up. Hugh chance of Alston leaving too. 

Reckon we'll see Johnstone kept on. No idea about the chances of the two loanees staying longer, or if we'll even want them. 

Predicting there to be about seven or eight new players this Summer. At least one full back, a couple of wingers, a CM, and a striker. 

Foster has another year so can't see him being moved on in the summer. It'll be Watson.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Johnstone can get to f**k, not good enough.

He's younger than Kane, fwiw. I don't particularly think he's a starting player, but you definitely need three competent strikers if youre wanting to play with two up front. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Foster has another year so can't see him being moved on in the summer. It'll be Watson.

I think we'll agree to let Foster go, if Comrie has cemented himself as first choice. If Foster remains a starter he'll stay. 

Watsons so obvious a departure I forgot he was actually at the club, again.