Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

An injury prone winger, a young midfielder who's barely played a senior game, a 29yo architect from part time football and Chris Kane. 

The motley crew to help us avoid relegation. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Well that's a bit disappointing. 

Yes, I think we went for MOH today, yet again, and were, yet again, told he's not leaving on loan. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That is my understanding too.

It's a bit of a worry we were still making moves for him on Deadline Day tbh, that, combined with us firing loan offers for any young English midfielder available, doesn't exactly show our transfer process in a good light. 

For all I'm happy enough with the signings, due to their pedigree and background, I'm now hugely worried about what happens this Summer. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

An injury prone winger, a young midfielder who's barely played a senior game, a 29yo architect from part time football and Chris Kane. 

After a fair amount of contemplation, I've come to the conclusion that you've purposely worded this in a negative way to make it seem like a bad thing.

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

After a fair amount of contemplation, I've come to the conclusion that you've purposely worded this in a negative way to make it seem like a bad thing.

A Welsh International, a highly rated CM who played in the Dutch Top Flight, a striker who's scored goals in the Champions League, and a young striker with an incredible goal record in the second tier. 

Not sharing in the negativity. We wanted new faces in the squad, and while I don't know much about the new players, they seem to bring pace and competition for places. 

We still have the nucleus of the side that finished fourth, minus Swanson (and Coulson, Cummins and Scobbie).  We've added McMillan and Kane this window from the first half of the season, along with these new lads. We've also got Gordon, Kerr and Comrie with more first team experience.  Throw in young McLean and Johnstone as well.

Who knows how it'll turn out, new signings are always a bit of an unknown at our level. But at least we've made an effort to freshen things up.

I'm glad we're not just signing more players for the sake of it; we saw that with Lomas bringing in Oyenuga, Keatings etc...

Wright said pre-match the other night that you "wouldn't believe" how many deals he thought he had done this window only for them to fall through. Surely everyone at the club needs to be asking why that's the case, assuming it's not normal?

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Not sharing in the negativity. We wanted new faces in the squad, and while I don't know much about the new players, they seem to bring pace and competition for places. 

We still have the nucleus of the side that finished fourth, minus Swanson (and Coulson, Cummins and Scobbie).  We've added McMillan and Kane this window from the first half of the season, along with these new lads. We've also got Gordon, Kerr and Comrie with more first team experience.  Throw in young McLean and Johnstone as well.

Who knows how it'll turn out, new signings are always a bit of an unknown at our level. But at least we've made an effort to freshen things up.

Freshness is only worthwhile if the signings are going to contribute. McMillan should (although no word on his injury yet) but jury very much out on today's arrivals for me, although Williams seems alright on paper.

I don't think the squad from last season argument stacks up as the form of some players has dropped off a cliff. Anderson, MacLean and Foster not contributing nearly as much and Easton has struggled off the back of missing pre-season too. Swanson has been a huge loss, especially when O'Halloran lost his sharpness following the kicking he took at Dens Park in September.

Our home form is a big worry.

Radford, stop trying to bring the mood down. It just ain't happening.

From what I've been told about Williams, we've signed someone who is a more than sufficient replacement for O'Halloran (when fit).  I'm also very glad that we've freshened up our options in the centre of the park, even if Willock is a bit of an unknown quantity in terms of senior football. It's rare that we've brought in young loanees who have received such unanimous praise from supporters of their parent clubs. I'm pretty satisfied with our business, although I'd have liked an additional winger. 

The squad has been given a (much needed) shake up. Got to be a good thing.

Not quite what I was expecting but I'm not to disappointed. Not exactly singing from the rooftops either though :)