Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You sure its not just the Wright one has fallen through so we've gone for the Derby lad instead?

Mckenzie more likely to go through in summer than January as if we're going to offer a fee to take him now it'll be peanuts. 

Forgot about Wright tbh. Also noticed I mentioned Willock twice. 

Deadline day is mental 

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

He’s gonna be a young, black, goal scoring, non-injured Chris Millar, I just know it.

TW says he can play as a "holding midfielder" so he sounds very Millar-y.

Him beside Davidson, Scougall behind Kane, and Wotherspoon/Williams/Derby c**t/Alston on the wings. 

To be honest, if we get Thomas* as well as the two just signed, then I wouldnt pay anything for McKenzie, just get him on a PCA, otherwise we'll have far too many to keep happy in forward and wide areas. Seems unbelievable saying that after the first half of the season.

Williams is a winger, Willocks a centre midfielder, i think, and Adams' wiki says he is an attacking midfielder who can also play as a winger. 

* definitely not Adams

Edited by PauloPerth

Clark

Comrie   Gordon   Shaughnessy    Tanser

Thomas   Willocks   Davidson  Williams

Scougall

Kane

That leaves: Mannus, Anderson, Kerr, Foster, Easton (when fit again), Craig, Paton, Millar, Alston, Mclean, Wotherspoon, McMillan, Johnstone, Maclean.

Surely some outgoings as that's a lot of experienced players there. 14 first team players on the bench.

Edited by PauloPerth
Wrong name!!

To be honest, if we get Adams as well as the two just signed, then I wouldnt pay anything for McKenzie, just get him on a PCA, otherwise we'll have far too many to keep happy in forward and wide areas. Seems unbelievable saying that after the first half of the season.
Williams is a winger, Willocks a centre midfielder, i think, and Adams' wiki says he is an attacking midfielder who can also play as a winger. 

By “Adams” I assume you’re meaning Thomas? [emoji23]

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Comrie   Gordon   Shaughnessy    Tanser

Adams   Willocks   Davidson  Williams

Scougall

Kane

That leaves: Mannus, Anderson, Kerr, Foster, Easton (when fit again), Craig, Paton, Millar, Alston, Mclean, Wotherspoon, McMillan, Johnstone, Maclean.

Surely some outgoings as that's a lot of experienced players there. 14 first team players on the bench.

Millar the obvious one. Wouldn't be stunned if Alston moved tbh, six months left and he's probably about third choice there. A poor performance on Monday maybe convinced TW to move him on. 

Can only think we'd consider cancelling Johnstones loan but he's played reasonably well. 

Yes those are two possibles.  I'm trying to think how we're going to work out the forwards as well. Tommy was quick to highlight Denny's contribution on Monday night, and he has done reasonably well since coming in. Then you've got McMillan just signed, and Kane in scoring form. Suggests we might go 2 up front, but then where play Scougall.. out wide again?

Could be a lot of rotation and horses for courses depending on the opposition, with that big a squad to use.

Millar sticks out like a sore thumb on that list due to the events of the last year and the  style of this player Willock seems to be. I’m not ready to give up on Alston yet, although he hasn’t met my expectations of him. 

I think Alstons time is up to be honest. I reckon we might see him leave on loan to Falkirk in the dying seconds of the window.

Anderson, Millar and Maclean are all winding down their saints careers so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them start to play less and less games now and then leave come the summer.

Done a little digging on Luke Thomas and apparently Derby fans are shocked he’s being allowed to go on loan. Some reckon he’s their most exciting player barring Vydra and he’s full of confidence.

There’s others who don’t think he wants to go on loan in the first place and that it won’t happen.

I’d say this ones 50/50 tbh.

8 minutes ago, Widge said:

I think Alstons time is up to be honest. I reckon we might see him leave on loan to Falkirk in the dying seconds of the window.

Anderson, Millar and Maclean are all winding down their saints careers so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them start to play less and less games now and then leave come the summer.

Aye. Willock seems like a direct replacement for Millar, while the more I see of Johnstone the more he looks like he's been signed to replace Macca. Kerr/Gordon both there to replace Anderson. 

Wouldn't be stunned to see both Millar and MacLean gone in the Summer, and you'd suspect both will be stuck with bit part roles now.