Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Only minor saving grace is that we’ve still two games in hand on thistle and county and with county at home in two games time there’s still opportunities. But something has to change and part of me wouldn’t mind that now being Wright, as sad as that is given what he’s done for us.

One of the games in hand is Kilmarnock. The County game, and Dundee game, are massive. You genuinely believe we'll get points off County at home, and Dundee at Dens, from what you've seen this season?

TW leaving for NI in December would've been perfect. Hes still blind to the issues and January was a complete farce. He waited until the final few days to move for anyone because he was so desperate to get Swanson and MOH. Even on Deadline Day, after being consistently told since Mid-December that MOH wasn't for sale, he kept asking Rangers about him.

9 minutes ago, Daydream said:

How many window signings played tonight? Anybody decent?

Willock came off the bench. No idea how he done. We've a winger to get fit who sounds absolutely ridiculous and a proper season changer, but he'll probably never be fit and thats why hes ended up at us. McMillan the striker was wanted by half the league, his got absolutely fucked in his debut, still staggers me there wasnt a red card, and is out for the month though.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I know it might not have made a difference but what happened to playing the youngsters? Tommy is a shitebag.

Foster- f**k off

Ando- f**k off

Macca- get in with the young team

Liam- your days are numbered, once Williams is fit, f**k off.

You'd think that after six months of them failing, something TW recognised publicly, and then this happening once they all return to the team, he'd finally, finally, give up on them.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd think that after six months of them failing, something TW recognised publicly, and then this happening once they all return to the team, he'd finally, finally, give up on them.

Couldnae agree more mate, Liam Craig has had his day.

What actually was our game plan tonight? 

This insistence on humping it forward and hoping for flick on's and 2nd balls just didn't work. Absolutely no one able to get the ball under to put foot on the ball and make things happen.

2 very good chances at 0-0 but both attempts on goal had zero conviction - lack of confidence.

The continuous trend of last 3 months of wasting every single set piece didn't change tonight. We don't try anything different and the quality of our delivery always terrible. (You'd like to think a few lads are staying longer at end of training to practice their delivery from set pieces, extra shooting etc but I v much doubt it)

What's wrong with Alston, he looks broken confidence-wise. Spoony has been getting a bit of stick for poor performances recently, he hasn't been great but Alston has been significantly poorer.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

What actually was our game plan tonight? 

This insistence on humping it forward and hoping for flick on's and 2nd balls just didn't work. Absolutely no one able to get the ball under to put foot on the ball and make things happen.

2 very good chances at 0-0 but both attempts on goal had zero conviction - lack of confidence.

The continuous trend of last 3 months of wasting every single set piece didn't change tonight. We don't try anything different and the quality of our delivery always terrible. (You'd like to think a few lads are staying longer at end of training to practice their delivery from set pieces, extra shooting etc but I v much doubt it)

What's wrong with Alston, he looks broken confidence-wise. Spoony has been getting a bit of stick for poor performances recently, he hasn't been great but Alston has been significantly poorer.

I have no idea how St Johnstone thought they were going to score tonight. One good chance in the first half straight at Carson and one freekick. 2nd half absolutely nothing. There was 5 minutes where you won a few 2nd balls but never put in a dangerous cross or created a good shooting chance. Very reminiscent of Motherwell's away games in December. 

Unlike Saintees to not have a game plan. Has Tommy Wright lost it?

There’s absolutely no doubting we ‘can’ beat the likes of Dundee and County but on current form I wouldn’t fancy us to beat half the teams in the Championship. The old guard aren’t performing any more and Tommy needs to show he’s true to his word and try out the likes of Mclean with Comrie coming back in. If McMillan and the welsh wizard can get back fit by County then that should be the lift we need. One win and the players confidence will hopefully return...

1 hour ago, The Woolshed said:

There’s absolutely no doubting we ‘can’ beat the likes of Dundee and County but on current form I wouldn’t fancy us to beat half the teams in the Championship. The old guard aren’t performing any more and Tommy needs to show he’s true to his word and try out the likes of Mclean with Comrie coming back in. If McMillan and the welsh wizard can get back fit by County then that should be the lift we need. One win and the players confidence will hopefully return...

We've never built on a good performance all season. Beat Hibs at Easter Road, fail to win any of the next four. Beat Rangers at Ibrox, fail to win any of the next six. Dominate Hearts, get pumped by Motherwell a few days later. 

Both the goals last night seemed to stem from nobody wanting the ball, which is why we hand away a throw in, and then Shaughnessy gets caught on it, that's been an issue we've had for seasons now. 

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Unlike Saintees to not have a game plan. Has Tommy Wright lost it?

He's lost his motivation, it seems. His "woe is me" act has been growing for a while now, spends the whole time blaming the chairman for not signing who he wants, and is now blaming the players for not getting results. He might be right, chairman is a well known tight arse and there's a lot of individual mistakes, but I'm not convinced he's blameless here, I can't think of a single player he's brought in who's a long term solution to any problem. His most successful signings MOH/Swanson leave after a season and then your looking at Shaughnessy as the best, a lower half CH who simply can't cope with physical strikers. 

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again. Wright’s clearly had half an eye on the NI Job, no coincidence we go to shit around the same time O’Neill was linked with Scotland.

We've never built on a good performance all season. Beat Hibs at Easter Road, fail to win any of the next four. Beat Rangers at Ibrox, fail to win any of the next six. Dominate Hearts, get pumped by Motherwell a few days later. 
Both the goals last night seemed to stem from nobody wanting the ball, which is why we hand away a throw in, and then Shaughnessy gets caught on it, that's been an issue we've had for seasons now. 

Yeah that’s fair enough. But I’m adamant that one win could spark a ‘revival’ of results if not performances. I’ve not been to a game since Aberdeen beat us in Perth and have no plans to until Aberdeen away the end of March so its difficult to comment on individuals, but on the face of it we’ve become a real soft touch.